• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back here

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
  • Hello!
    I used to have an account here around 5 or 6 years ago, I remembered this community the other day and decided to have a look back here.
    Cool to see that it's still active as ever! I recently got back into writing fanfiction (under the name Nekodatta, I wanted to see if I could change it here but it doesn't seem to be an option?) and hope to share some of my things here too.
    I'll probably be active mostly there and in the ROM hack section, I remember there being lots of incredibly cool projects.
    Happy to be here again!

Nekodatta

Years
  • Not many actually, the biggest one is a long fic Scarlet and Violet AU inspired by an idea before the games even came out: basically "what would happen if Sada and Turo actually were time travellers from a far past and future that got themselves stuck in present time Paldea and how they would deal with it"
    I've been having a lot of fun writing it and playing around with that concept, I've posted the first chapter in Fanfiction if someone wants to take a look!

Nekodatta

Years
  • Hello there and welcome back to the PC!

I believe there's a spot to change your forum name in your account settings!

What ROM hacks do you like?
    Thank you, I just submitted a request to change it!
    I generally like hack roms that implement original regions or try to do something different, but I never really got really far in a lot of them 😅
    Recently got my hand on an handheld that's perfect to play rom hacks in and am playing Prism right now and want to try Emerald Rogue which looked like a lot of fun and some others like Team Rocket version. I definitely have a lot to catch up to!

Nekodatta

Years
  • What about fan games ?
    If you mean stuff completely built from zero like with RPG Maker, those too! I've played a bit of one called Pokémon... Island I think it was? You had to survive on an island and craft pokeballs and there were these... Obelisks or something like that with bosses to beat
    I was also really interested in Pokémon This Gym of Mine, but for the longest time I only had a work laptop and that stopped me from trying a lot of them out.
    If I could get those games to run on the handheld I use for romhacks, it would be a dream come true lol
    I've been pretty out of the loop so if you have some really cool recommendations I would love to hear them!
    (I've seen in the fan game section that there seems to be a... Visual novel/dating sim which looks amazing???)

Years
  • If you mean stuff completely built from zero like with RPG Maker, those too! I've played a bit of one called Pokémon... Island I think it was? You had to survive on an island and craft pokeballs and there were these... Obelisks or something like that with bosses to beat
    I was also really interested in Pokémon This Gym of Mine, but for the longest time I only had a work laptop and that stopped me from trying a lot of them out.
    If I could get those games to run on the handheld I use for romhacks, it would be a dream come true lol
    I've been pretty out of the loop so if you have some really cool recommendations I would love to hear them!
    (I've seen in the fan game section that there seems to be a... Visual novel/dating sim which looks amazing???)
    Neat, and sure, I have some recommendations! Solar Light / Lunar Dark with only fakémon, Zeta / Omicron, Insurgence (my top favourite), and if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles, Reborn!
    About that visual novel / dating sim, I have not looked at it yet.

Back