• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Hey there little guys! What the hell you're looking at. Yeah I sometimes try different suits **** for my character. Why the hell you're still reading.
    Don't read the **** I'm babbling. I'm ****ing awesome.

If you're little brats, don't you see what's in spoiler. piss off I don't care.

**** that dare xD.

You almost got it right but the picture was meh..... X__X

oh well welcome to VG DCC and i hope you mother effin say, you slimy little Edglord.

ON TOPIC because of me issuing pointless dares:

Oh yes, with my usual library of games, and also my multiplayer adventures in League of Lulz, i definitely need some peace and quiet. My last League game. oh my god. I can't even fathom how my precious KDA was ruined because one of my teammates in the last game was basically a Boosted monkey.

Sir Codin

Hopefully Kotaku will now have increased quality in their content now that it's possible they're being purchased by IGN.

Might I also take this time to say good riddance to Gawker Media and good riddance to all their shit content, including Jezebel and Lifehacker.

Hulk Hogan is a true hero of the human race for being the catalyst for Gawker's downfall.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Holy sheebals, i wanted to talk about Kow Taco being purchased but at least Odin point that one out.

THE HULKSTER! If he's not no-selling younger wrasslin talent, at least he's making some good deals.

So anyway, I just made the most unholy (and by unholy being good...) of combinations ever = Brutal Doom: Project Brutality + Doom 2016's Amazing Soundtrack + DMC MUSIC inbetween!

OH MY GOD! PLAYING COMBICHRIST'S NEVER SURRENDER (aka DmC Stock battle theme) and while I was killing deamons, i was smoking a cig, like how Dante and Doomguy does it. OMG! Heck, DOOM AND DMC are the reasons why we live! OMG. DEVIL MAY DOOM!

Back to the Grind(stone)

My cause is just
    My will is strong...
    BUT I'LL RIP AND TEAR!
    YOUR GUTS ARE HUGE
    BUT I'LL NEVER SURRENDER!

and yes, it got me so erect...

pkmin3033

Heh, you two, thinking IGN is actually a step up from Kotaku. You do make me giggle sometimes. xD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Even though IGN has some of the most questionable reviewers ever (Too much variables to make fun about or to stab venom into), at least IGN does play their games, nor do not make Persona related news that immediately calls its fanbase a bunch of "waifu" and "husbando" huggers. I remember IGN is one of the sole review outlets to have enough balls to give something as epic as The Last of Us the a rather low score compared to the rest of the media that has reviewed it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    https://gematsu.com/2016/06/spike-chunsoft-teasing-999-steam-release

Back to the Grind(stone)

I'm so goddamn happy to hear this. I know so many people who haven't been able to get into the series because of its DS exclusivity and the lack of any digital means to get it other than the nicer looking- albeit puzzle-less and worse- iPhone version.

999 now, VLR soon. This is a damn fine year for Zero Escape. And Spike Chunsoft, for that matter.
    Not just steam-ship... a... vital one ;)

nor do not make Persona related news that immediately calls its fanbase a bunch of "waifu" and "husbando" huggers.
    We are not?
    Futaba is the number 1 reason for playing P5.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    MUST RESIST.. MUST RESIST! AHHHHHHHH AHHHHH NO NO NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME ORANGED HAIRED GLASSES GIRL! I AM ON TO YOU! Why must you mention Futaba when i'm in the mood to be serious! D:

*Must remain calm, collected, DOOM, DMC. DOOM MAY CRY. DEVIL MAY DOOM! BADASSERY! DEMON SLAYING! GORE HOUNDING, RIP AND TEARING.. must maintain proper level of XINergy else Ultrasatan's Icon of Sin is going to turn us into Icons of Sin!*

Back to the Grind(stone)

Maybe I'll feel better by looking at that.

then again its already 5:00AM South East Asian time.. I'm already nocturnal as heck at this point.

We are not?

anyway, are we? I mean, in our own respective fanbases we wouldn't mind calling each other as such, but not all gaming communities are keen or accepting of such. But really, Kotaku's P5 article.. a simple annoucnement that the game's NA release is delayed till Feb 14 of next year could have easily gotten a much better written introductory sentence rather than just... whatever the heck they said. Seriously. Its like that cringy Mighty No. 9 add but on text form.

And i just realized my senseless ramblings of past post just let me ignored what could be something interesting since i was pointed out with this image...

What did i do? I DUNNO! Koei-Omega force plz? So far, this is the only thing i know:
    "The most evil 'Musou' in history." Sure Koei, sure. Holy crap at least Koei has a show stealer for E3. I already feel the Edge oozing out of it. (And should more info on Omega force's new secret edgy game be released, I will make that Warriors series super club thread)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Just finished listening to some of the Giant Bomb guys drive down to LA from San Francisco for E3. All 9 hours of it. A tradition unlike any other.

pkmin3033

I have to admit that the Persona fandom is a huge reason I have been put off the franchise...because they tend to regard P4 as the best one and...wellll, we all know how I feel about Persona 4. I may or may not try one of the others in the future - in fact if P2 goes on discount I've promised to look into it if funds permit - but honestly, the general tone and presentation of the series put me off. I mean, just the opening to Golden...my god, I'm amazed I didn't go blind. The music is absolute trash, too. That is not how vocals in video games are supposed to be used! >:o

Aaaah, Persona. I shouldn't talk about it. It never ends well.

pkmin3033

As I said...giggles. IGN is the absolute bottom of the barrel for video game content. I mean, if nothing else, at least Kotaku don't use an antiquated scoring system to judge video games. IGN are so bad their reviews reach meme status because of how awful they are.

...personally, I'd rather not use either of them, though. When they're both bad it doesn't really matter which the worst is.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I have to admit that the Persona fandom is a huge reason I have been put off the franchise...
    That only applies to Persona right? Because the other games in the SMT franchise are much better. I didn't mind P4, but yeah the fanbase does tend to put it on a pedestal. I personally enjoyed P3 much more than P4, despite being quite edgy (you know, with characters summoning Personas by shooting themselves in the head) P2 is what I really want to play, but I wanted to play P1 first, and I put that game away fast since the encounter rate was a joke. You take two steps and enemies attack. Add repetitive j-pop not suitable to a video game, and you got a big headache.

pkmin3033

That only applies to Persona right? Because the other games in the SMT franchise are much better. I didn't mind P4, but yeah the fanbase does tend to put it on a pedestal. I personally enjoyed P3 much more than P4, despite being quite edgy (you know, with characters summoning Personas by shooting themselves in the head) P2 is what I really want to play, but I wanted to play P1 first, and I put that game away fast since the encounter rate was a joke. You take two steps and enemies attack. Add repetitive j-pop not suitable to a video game, and you got a big headache.
    At present yes, because I've not played any SMT titles...and, given Atlus' refusal to acknowledge the existence of anywhere that isn't the US or Japan, it seems unlikely that I ever will. Especially if there is going to be a repeat performance of SMT IV's half-arsed release if they do decide to check a map anytime soon.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    What's wrong with EDGE? EEEEEEEDDDDDDDDGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Its all about being gritty, serious, serious looking, and mechanized. Like Bomberman Act Zero.

Oh wait, did i just mention that abomination of a game? HELL YES I DO!

Since somebody mentions SMT and being more of the mainline SMT dude to counter my older sister's once Persona camp (Oh yeah Melly and my older sister are going to have a rocket lawnchair fight) Now if only Demifiend can join the demon slaying party along with Doomguy and Dante.. then i again i just realized.. Every badass demon slayer I've mentioned begins with the "D" because its the D they are shoving into the unfortunate mouths of demonkind.

pkmin3033

EDGE as in the gaming magazine? I subscribed to that for a year when I was in secondary school but got tired of it; they're a very dry and self-important publication. I used to love Official Nintendo Magazine UK, though. They were shamelessly biased, but it was a well-written magazine and the team were pretty cool. I even got my artwork featured in it once! <3

This was before the internet was such a huge thing, obviously. I occasionally glance at the gaming magazines if I'm out...kinda amazed they're still going. By the time you read them they're out of date.

...funnily enough, my name begins with a "D" as well, Xin...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    For design and character reasons I'm a bigger fan of 4, but other than that I agree with you, for the most part. 2 is definitely the Best title of the series, but the problem is it has ties to one. I went back to play one and I liked it for a little, thought was interesting. Then things got very, very annoying and after several hours I realize that I was still only at the beginning of the game despite that it felt like actual progress was being made.

Mark dancing crazy it was admittedly the best part of the entire experience. That, and they didn't really mind the music in the PSP version. The original didn't have J pop, it was very, very SMT. Hell the theme song of that game is probably one my favorite songs and Persona, if not my favorite opening. I am imagine if they were generic and not so damn catchy I'd probably've been turned off, but eh.

But yeah, for definitely shouldn't be the benchmark for the entire series. It's only really representative of what your experience might be in three and maybe Devil Survivor 2 but the latter's unlikely. Especially since the series is so large, those 2 are black sheep if there ever were any. Honestly, though, I see no reason why you wouldn't be totally into the series, other than the difficulty, Mel. I imagine in series other than persona the characters in the story would really stick with you, especially because they aren't like much else out there and jump over quite a few tired tropes.

Not always, but the series definitely is something of a special snowflake.

pkmin3033

I think I missed my chance to try Devil Survivor if I was going to, because they're outrageously pricey due to limited stock, I suppose. I always buy JRPGs I like the look of immediately to avoid this, and I didn't much care about these two, so...yeah, kind of a non-issue. I have seen Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers from time to time for a decent price, but...really, the whole aesthetic of the series - and the soundtrack in particular - puts me off. I suppose it's just not for everyone.

Difficulty in JRPGs is a non-issue for me...in fact, I'd welcome something actually hard for once, rather than a "grind until you win" affair. Emphasis on levels is one of the bigger pits games seem to fall prey to these days, especially if you have the patience for it. Which I do, for some strange reason. It's the Disgaea Effect. Once you packed 100+ hours into one of those titles, you can endure anything shy of diminished returns and no other viable alternative...thank you very much, Pokemon Black.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    "Grind till you win" or "Shoot it until it dies?"

Man i miss how primitive video games where when even the likes of GAMEPRO will tell you something as obliviously ridiculous as saying "Play the game by holding your controller or any of your controlling apparatuses"

The funny thing about SMT4 was that it was either grind till you win, shoot it until it dies, or pray to RNGEESUS that the boss won't just randomly crit your party out of nowhere. Get Smirked sons. I love how busted the Smirk system was in SMT4. It was so overpowered that you could easily turn many of the bosses into mincemeat but at the same time, it was so anti-fun when the enemies themselves get their smirk-ups and suddenly turn a basic encounter into something very fatal.

pkmin3033

Both. It's bad game design when you can just exploit the system to overcome the fake difficulty the game throws at you. It's always annoyed me a little, because I have Warriors titles for my video game catharsis: if I want to mindlessly blaze my way through a game, I will do a stage or two in one of those.

I'm not saying every game needs to be hard, but I AM saying that developers need to learn what difficulty is. Real difficulty cannot be overcome just by grinding, and difficulty is not praying that a fickle RNGod decides to cut you a break.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back