• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Background music delay

Years
  • As the title says, I have an issue about the background music of wild and trainer battles. I know it doesn't sound too bad, but whenever I get into a fight, the background music has a delay of 2 seconds.

I've tried every audio file possible (mp3, midi, ogg), but all of them have the same delays.

Does it maybe anything to do with the size of the music file ( 6 ~ 8MB) ?

I hope someone knows a solution to that. I mean, it's not too bad, but it just seems kinda awkward having 2 seconds of pure silence before a battle starts.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Have you tried using another song for testing? Have you done something with any script that involves the sound? Is the 2 seconds wait a constant for both trainers and wild battles?

Years
  • Have you tried using another song for testing? Have you done something with any script that involves the sound? Is the 2 seconds wait a constant for both trainers and wild battles?

I've tried out the standard background songs and they have no delay whatsoever. I haven't touched anything in the script at all. Well, it's not exactly 2 seconds of delay, more like 1 second.

Like I've said, it's not that bad, so I'm fine if there's a solution for my problem.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Well the problem it's obviously being caused by that specific audio file. Format and dimension shouldn't be a problem since you said you tested a 9 MB mp3 file. Maybe the delay is just part of the song?

Back