• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Backlot Mansion/Trophy Garden Theory

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    This has been bothering me for a long time. I've been wondering what's behind the secret door. Look, I know that if you use the walk through anything cheat that there is nothing behind the door. I'm talking about if you were the character. If you were playing as the character, what do you think would be behind the door? Would you be interested in finding out? Does it have any relevance to anything else?

My theory is:

The secret room guarded by a maid is secretly a pokemon prison where they are locked in cages. Many pokemon are kept their, so when Mr.Backlot's butler leaves the room, he goes into that pokemon cellar, and takes a bunch of the pokemon which Backlot said kissed him and put them in the Trophy Garden. Proof?

As said by Mr.Backlot

Well, this is what happened this morning when I went into my trophy garden. I noticed a cute-eyed ________ which joyously ran over to me. The Clefairy gave me a smooch on my cheek...

This is where it gets a bit weird.

As said by Backlot's Butler

M-Master! Th-that pokemon you mentioned. It doesn't exist in the garden.

As said by Mr.Backlot

Erm...Wh-What are you saying? I'm no blowhard! Listen...Mutter, mutter...Whisper, whisper...

As said by Backlot's Butler

Yes, master! Right away, sir!

Suspicious...

He then leaves the room, and after Mr.Backlot pleads for you to believe him, you go out into the trophy garden. What do you find there? Whatever pokemon he said kissed him.

This really doesn't have much relevance to the rest of the game, but it's just interesting to talk and theorize. I would definitely be interested, because by nature, I am a daredevil.

What do you think?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I think this because I know so........

Behind there is a store that sells rare candies for 500pokedollars. But to get in you have to complete your pokedex completely AND beat the elite four 100 times AND!!! beat all the Frontier Brains at least 5 times.

Trust me it works, and good luck ;)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    I think this because I know so........

Behind there is a store that sells rare candies for 500pokedollars. But to get in you have to complete your pokedex completely AND beat the elite four 100 times AND!!! beat all the Tycoons at least 5 times.

Trust me it works, and good luck ;)

Spoiler:
    I feel sorry for the poor fool that would even attempt that.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    My theory is:

The secret room guarded by a maid is secretly a pokemon prison where they are locked in cages. Many pokemon are kept their, so when Mr.Backlot's butler leaves the room, he goes into that pokemon cellar, and takes a bunch of the pokemon which Backlot said kissed him and put them in the Trophy Garden. Proof?

This is where it gets a bit weird.

Suspicious...

He then leaves the room, and after Mr.Backlot pleads for you to believe him, you go out into the trophy garden. What do you find there? Whatever pokemon he said kissed him.

This really doesn't have much relevance to the rest of the game, but it's just interesting to talk and theorize. I would definitely be interested, because by nature, I am a daredevil.

What do you think?
    I think your theory is pretty much correct, but if he did have a prison in that room, then he would have to have a lot of Pokemon in it. Also, if he mentions say a Dratini, then there would have to be a Dratini in the prison. So basically, he'd have to have one of every Pokemon, well actually more, in his room in case Backlot said a rare Pokemon. Do you get what I'm saying?

Years
    Leftie, being that it is supposed to be a mansion and as I recall it's not that large, that means there could be a lot of space for them... And as IcePyro has mentioned, there's not many that he names.... I'm guessing he would have, what, 60... Maybe 72 total? 0.o

Katria

~Prima Donna~
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    I agree with some of the ideas although I don't think it's a prison xD Maybe it's a breeding center so that's why he has all though rare cute pokemon.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I agree with some of the ideas although I don't think it's a prison xD Maybe it's a breeding center so that's why he has all though rare cute pokemon.
    Agreed. When you go into the trophy garden there's not just one of the pokemon, there's various others.

It is pointless to put a room in a game when you can't even go into ever.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    That secret room is the office from which he runs an elaborate Pokemon smuggling ring. Hundreds of smuggled Pokemon pass through there each day, and he puts a few of 'em in his garden so he can get you to hunt for them instead of investigating his illegal activities. He can specify specific species he wants smuggled and he'll mention that one to the player.

Seriously, anyone with Pikachu and Pichu running around in their garden has to be pure evil.

Giratar

Oops.
    Years
    I think that he just lies, then pays massive amounts of money to get those Pokémon in the Garden. And that secret room actually leads into a room where the Pokémon are secretly given to the butler to take to the garden before you notice. ^o^'

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
    OMG you're so right! I think he should be slapped in the face! *slap* And another slap. Now he's crying. Goodbye. :t109:

B_button_member

Master Breeder
    Years
    The prison idea sounds a bit rough dont ya think? xD I just think he's buying off stolen pokemon from Team Galactic or Team Rocket.... Or maybe he's invented a pokemon DNA-scanning cloning machine! Lol.

KATFiSH

Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I don't know, but the "prison", for lack of a better word, >.>; seems the most plausible. But who knows, Backlot could have some kind of machine back there... you know, like back in Generation II when Rocket used the radio tower to attract pokémon to do just that. -shrug-

Years
    Grimer and Muk should have been Trophy Garden Pokemon.

There should also have been a pond. With Gyarados kisses.

Back