• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Backwards Thinking Studios

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
    .::Team Name::.

.::Introduction::.

Hello and welcome to the BST recruitment page.

This is Backwards Thinking Studios, where we take the games and put them back a few years. That's right! Do you like Ruby and Sapphire? How about playing them on the GBC! Like Diamond and Pearl? Let's put them on the GBA! And, why stick to the same old storyline we've all played over and over? New stories, same regions, old systems.

With a slew of new 4th generation Pokemon, it's hard to resist putting them into the old 3rd generation games. And we'll even have the chance to put some of our own newly created Pokemon into the game as well.

I've personally found that Ruby is easiest to hack. It is much more compatible with EliteMap than FireRed. So we will be hacking Ruby. If we were going to do a GBC hack, it think it should be Silver.

Thank you, and I look forward to working with you! :)

.::My Own Skills (Ordered by skill level)::.

Spriting Pic1Pic2Pic3Pic4Pic5Pic6
    Mapping
    Scripting

.::Application Form::.

Just post this:

Code:
    Skills:
    Proof of work:
    Past Experience:
    Contact possibilities:

I'm looking for:

People who know how to use Sappy*
    People who know how to use PokeCry**
    Mappers
    Spriters
    Scripters
    Writers
    Palette Editors

.::Current Team::.

Zyph
    Hyro
    GreenRampage
    Bunny

.::Current Projects::.

A while back I was working on a project called "Pokemon: Solar/Lunar Version" but it never really took off. I'm hoping this will.

.::Contact Info::.

Contact me by PMing me, or at [email protected].

*For proof of work just send me an IPS of some change in music somewhere. If you can't, then I guess I'll just have to take your word.

**Same goes as above, just tweak the some cry towards the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

larry

I can do some mapping and i can write plots
    http:/img483.imageshack.us/img483/9316/proofez8.jpg (add another dash after http:/ wont let me post link)
    I dont have past experience but i have been working on my own hack(not coming along to good :( )
    PM,email me at [email protected], or add me on msn [email protected]

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Skills: I really am more interested in story writing and ideas but I can do very basic mapping, however I would love to learn how to add and edit tilesets.
    Proof of work:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience: I have started a few hacks myself but due to the fact that I can't do everything they never really worked out.
    Contact possibilities: PM, AIM, or e-mail. (all in my profile)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2019
    Skills:Mapping and a bit of event and grapix editing
    Proof of work: right at bottom!
    Past Experience: I've been working on a hack call Pokemon Its a Bigger World (every town and city and house is bigger and has different tiles)
    Contact possibilities: [email protected] or [email protected] (preferebly sasktel):D

oops im having trouble with the file manager i will post pics later! srry

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Hey, so, my skills include

mapping
    story writing
    and some very minor text editing

experience: I am working on an independent hack titled Pokemon Sapphire: Back to the Basics.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    Skills: Scripting
    Proof of work: none! Contact me and I can write a sample script.
    Past Experience: none! I know Perl, Python, basic C, basic ASM. So this shouldn't be very hard. I wrote several scripts for experimental purpose already.
    Contact possibilities: Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Timezone: GMT+7

Crikeyapokemon

I'm just your avarage teen...
    Years
    Skills:Writer,Spriter(I'm good at recoloring with shading and ok at editing)
    Proof of work:I recently started spriting pokemon and the trainers so I don't really have any proof yet.I coud though write you my idea for a rom hack on msn or skype.
    Past Experience:I wrote some fanfics on a Sonic forum also I took some Sonic sprite requests earlier.
    Contact possibilities:Msn:[email protected] Skype:megamagition

Back