• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bad Egg?

Years
  • I was useing the Pokemon Calculator with my GSSP. And I got an egg in my computer randomly tha was called "Bad Egg". When I would go out to hatch it, it would take about 100 steps to hatch, but when it did, my Sapphire froze with just a black screen after it said 'Huh?'. The music in the background was still playing. If anyone knows anything about what happened, please let my know, I am really anstonished by this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The Bad Egg is created by incorrect/incorrectly entered codes. If you're using the Calculator I gave you, that one doesn't work with GSSP. You'll have to use a different, but more complex one. It's also in my Briefcase in the same folder and is titled PokemonMakerV4x. It's also at the bottom of the FRLG FAQ.

And hatching a Bad Egg isn't recommended.

Chevelle

Venomous Arachnid
    Years
  • The above poster is correct.
    Basically if the game does not recongnize a code similar to a pokemons it either becomes a badEGG or the so called "bad Missingno." that is really in no way connected to Missingno., though many beg to differ.
    If you saved you game with the badEGG on it, trade it onto a unwanted extra file and do a "factory reset" by going to the title screenand pressing Up B and SELECT and the data will be cleared restoring the cartridge to the state it was in when purchased. badEGGs are generally hamless, though some state they hatch and freeze the game, though truthfully it does nothing. They don't hatch and can't damage your game in any way whatsoever, but just to be safe go ahead and trade and delete it.
    Hope that helps.

Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    The Bad Egg is created by incorrect/incorrectly entered codes. If you're using the Calculator I gave you, that one doesn't work with GSSP. You'll have to use a different, but more complex one. It's also in my Briefcase in the same folder and is titled PokemonMakerV4x. It's also at the bottom of the FRLG FAQ.

And hatching a Bad Egg isn't recommended.

Demon, the calculator you gave me does work on GSSP. I've used it 6 times now, and yet no problems. And that egg just appered randomly, no codes were entered wrong. But I got rid of the egg by putting it in the slot of where I was going to get my Calculated pokemon and the pokemon over-rided it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Eh, whatever. The Bad Egg is still caused by incorrect codes and such though. There's no "GSSP" checkbox on the Calc so I assumed it didn't work with GSSP and I never bothered to test if it does since I use an AR.

Years
  • Ah, AR.... Codebreaker Codes are the same digits as GSSP. (12) And I was tired of trying to find codes for it, and seen the same number of digits on Codebreakers Device and tried it, and it works. (Minus the Space)

Years
  • Try releasin' it or trade it ta another game an' get rid o' it, 'cuz that thing probably has no pkmn's ID in it an' can't hatch inta anything an' therefor tha game gets stuck.

There is one use for it though... put it in tha game o' someone ya hate's party an' get it ta less than 7 steps before hatchin' an' save tha game in tha middle o' nowhere so that he can't deposit it on his comp before it hatches an' save tha game. Tch, that should get him mad. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You can't release eggs though.

And it would be very hard to tell how many steps is left before it hatches. Even when an egg says "It's making nosies! It's about to hatch soon!", there could still be a couple hundred steps left.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yeah you can trade it. And like pkztitan23 did, you can use a code to replace it with a real Pokemon. It'll be like it never existed.

Back