• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Balanced level & Love?

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I was wondering, I've been doing this since Pokemon came out, but do other people make a team, like for this:

Totodile
    Bulbasaur
    Hoothoot

And then train them all in a order until they reach a certain level? Like for me in the Beginning of the game, I'll train them all up to ten. Once one reaches lv. 10, I'll move onto the next on and when they are all complete, I start again but with a higher level.

Is anyone else this organized with Pokemon leveling or am I freak?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i tend to train all of my pokemon up to level 10 before the first town then i train them all up by 5-10 levels depending on the gym

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    ^ So you level them off in chunks, right?

I mean for gym one I'll be level 10 first and then 20 for second.

I'll level them up until they are both perfect in level. I think I'm crazy lol

>.>

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Yup. I do the exact same thing. Level them all up equally. What sucks though is that as you add members to your team, it takes longer, plus wild pokemon are generally MANY levels below your team, so new ones have to catch up.

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    i do it just like you! even if the stats are extremly different..

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'm quite like you, although bit different. One of my rule is"No ten level difference between pokemon in the party" but I scale the level according when i got them. example if my Chikorita is level 15, then my second pokemon should be 14 or 13.

Years
  • I tend to try to keep them roughly the same...

For example, my team currently consists of:

Notch-Eared Pichu lv.31
    Croconaw lv.28
    Sneasel lv.23

However, I'll raised Notchi in Pokewalker, as it'll level up less than the others.
    Sneasel will go up massive levels in the gym at Ecruteak.
    Croconaw generally goes up a bit, and will be used when I raise a weak pokemon (Sneasel gets KO'd on switch-ins).

So it'll end up something like this, and I'll be happy:

Notchi lv.32
    Croconaw lv.30
    Sneasel lv.27

As long as they're similar.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I try to keep my Pokémon levels equal although some are used more often than others so they sometimes some of them are 2 levels higher.

I tend to train them up at least 5 levels when entering a new town, I'm not sure why I do this. I've always done it.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I usually go Lv. 20 for the first Gym, 25 for the second, 30 for the third, 35 for the fourth, 40 for the fifth, 45 for the sixth, 50 for the seventh, 55 for the eighth, setting me up nicely with six Lv. 60s for the Elite Four.

nm legend

Years
  • i kinda do the same thing but i like to have by begginer pokemon to be a bit higher on the levels just to make it special and it makes it easier for me to train the rest of my team for a gud part of the game....... but now their all lv55 with two being 56.....and i aint even start the kanto region yet....

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I was wondering, I've been doing this since Pokemon came out, but do other people make a team, like for this:

Totodile
    Bulbasaur
    Hoothoot

And then train them all in a order until they reach a certain level? Like for me in the Beginning of the game, I'll train them all up to ten. Once one reaches lv. 10, I'll move onto the next on and when they are all complete, I start again but with a higher level.

Is anyone else this organized with Pokemon leveling or am I freak?

I train my main team Pokemon like this also. It's not freaky, it's smart.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • yeah i usually only use 3 pokemon but usually my starter is about 10 levels higher than the lower 2
    when i played emerald for the first time i thought a team of six was the way to go, however i found that unless i trained against wild pokemon i would be way underleveled
    this changed when the vs seeker came out of course, but in hg/ss i still did only 3 pokemon
    typlosion
    togekiss
    dragonite
    this way i can finish the game in a week and get back to competitive battling

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Whenever one of my Pokemon gains a level, I immediately switch out a new one and keep them all equal. The only exception is my starter, which I always keep at least 1 level higher than everyone else.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Okay, I thought I as going crazy for Pokemon lol
    Thanks everyone.

I train my main team Pokemon like this also. It's not freaky, it's smart.

Whoo, glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was smart, but my two younger brothers say I'm crazy. They abuse the other Pokemon, keeping them 11-20 levels under. :c

Its sad. T.T

Well, how long have you've guys kept your training chart? Since Pokemon, or recently?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Okay, I thought I as going crazy for Pokemon lol
    Thanks everyone.

Whoo, glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was smart, but my two younger brothers say I'm crazy. They abuse the other Pokemon, keeping them 11-20 levels under. :c

Its sad. T.T

Well, how long have you've guys kept your training chart? Since Pokemon, or recently?

Since my first Pokemon Game, Red Version. I'm feel sorry for my pokemon if not all of them not properly level up, like my charmeleon evolve to Charizard while my pikachu under level 20.

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I am also obsessive like OP. All their levels have to be equal, one by one.

Back