• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Balloon Popping

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    From Serebii:

Spoiler:

Balloon Popping

So what u guys think about this, i just hope the high prices are items unlocking ingame events :P im tired of breeding and training...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    All of these are going to be the same as the Dream World Mini Games. So far it doesn't state what kinda prizes we can get, I'd assume Potions, certain unobtainable berries and pokeballs, as well as a few battle items.

Only brand new item so far is the event Coupon which isn't really related to the Balloon popping game, but all that does is cut the price of all the clothing stores in half.

Years
    All of these are going to be the same as the Dream World Mini Games. So far it doesn't state what kinda prizes we can get, I'd assume Potions, certain unobtainable berries and pokeballs, as well as a few battle items.

Only brand new item so far is the event Coupon which isn't really related to the Balloon popping game, but all that does is cut the price of all the clothing stores in half.

I think the coupon is a cheap gift. I mean most players have 90 to 100% of the available clothing. As much as I love all the main Pokémon games I think I'm beginning to get frustrated with the people at Nintendo. I don't think I'll be popping many balloons unless of course rare items are obtainable through this mini game other than that man Nintendo needs to step it up and quit playing around. Dlc is a close nephew if not brother/sister to video games these days. Give us seething substantial. They have to know that 80% of their lasting fan base is a collective of aging clingers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

sadly, not all the clothing stores, but rather ANY of the clothing stores. (Basically what I'm saying is that it is a one use item. :-( https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/f16ece9b-6f7b-4003-b893-b4576ce8465a )

However it looks like the balloon popper game will be playable on Jan 14

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    To be honest, with the information we have, it sounds REALLY stupid and without better rewards it will be completely pointless. I guess that's what we get for playing games they market towards children.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    sadly, not all the clothing stores, but rather ANY of the clothing stores. (Basically what I'm saying is that it is a one use item. :-( https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/f16ece9b-6f7b-4003-b893-b4576ce8465a )

However it looks like the balloon popper game will be playable on Jan 14

To be honest, with the information we have, it sounds REALLY stupid and without better rewards it will be completely pointless. I guess that's what we get for playing games they market towards children.

Serebii needs to update their info then because the way they state it, its good for all the stores which is misleading.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So it is only a one use item, lol what even is the point?

Because it isn't just for one item, it's for one entire visit, so you could buy the maximum amount of items in the most expensive store in Kalos and use the coupon for a discount off teh entire sale, so in that respect I could see it being decent, but once it's used, it's gone.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Because it isn't just for one item, it's for one entire visit, so you could buy the maximum amount of items in the most expensive store in Kalos and use the coupon for a discount off teh entire sale, so in that respect I could see it being decent, but once it's used, it's gone.

You can reproduce the item's effect with Bargain level 3 O power though, use it for 3 Minutes and buy everything for 50% off.

Bargain powers work Level 1: 10% off, Level 2: 25% off, Level 3: 50% off. All last for 3 Minutes and cost 2, 3 and 4 dots. So you can use Level 3 twice. If you have x4 recovery, you can use it in a quick succession as the recharge is really short at x4.

And its 1 Transaction. If you don't use the changing booth to buy it all at once (put them on I believe) then its a wasted item.

Hoping other items like the coupon are the prizes in the mileage club...just with more substance to their effects.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    At least we finally know what that guy in the Lumiose boutique meant when he said he heard there was a coupon to get everything half price off (yes most likely GF had likely planned to release this one first from the start).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So the Balloon Popping was released today and with it a list of prizes was shown.

Level 1 Prizes:
    Metal Coat, Prism Scale, Upgrade, Dubious Disc, Deepsea Tooth, Deepsea Scale, Shiny Stone, Dawn Stone, Fire Stone, Kelpsy Berry, and Hondew Berry.

Level 2 prizes:
    King's Rock, Dragon Scale, Electrizer, Magmarizer, Satchet, Oval Stone, Sun Stone, Thunder Stone, Water Stone, Qualot Berry, and Grepa Berry.

Level 3 Prizes:
    Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Protector, Reaper Cloth, Whipped Dream, Everstone, Dusk Stone, Leaf Stone, Pomeg Berry, Tamato Berry.

So the Prizes are just Evolutionary Items and Battle Berries. Not really worth playing in IMO. Maybe the next attraction will be better.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    I tried it a couple of times earlier! Fun and simple, and LOTS of cool items and evo-stones that are normally incredibly difficult to get from in-game side games.

My only issue with the set-up at the moment is that they don't explain the point value system, so I didn't understand how to rack up max-points.

Years
    I tried it a couple of times earlier! Fun and simple, and LOTS of cool items and evo-stones that are normally incredibly difficult to get from in-game side games.

My only issue with the set-up at the moment is that they don't explain the point value system, so I didn't understand how to rack up max-points.

i didnt get it ether got one 10 pointer and the rest 1

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    Ok, so I gave the game a few more tries.

A couple beefs I have:

1.) Still have absolutely NO clue what the scoring system is, nor is there a key or list of how to score big.
    2.) Score is apparently inconsequential to your prize. I played numerous games, landing C's and B's for most of my final scores, only to receive the lame 3x Berry prizes. Then I was getting C's and D's and being rewarded with evolutionary held-items, interspersed with Berry prizes. The one A grade that I got gave me another crappy Berry prize, and not anything of actual value.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Ok, so I gave the game a few more tries.

A couple beefs I have:

1.) Still have absolutely NO clue what the scoring system is, nor is there a key or list of how to score big.
    2.) Score is apparently inconsequential to your prize. I played numerous games, landing C's and B's for most of my final scores, only to receive the lame 3x Berry prizes. Then I was getting C's and D's and being rewarded with evolutionary held-items, interspersed with Berry prizes. The one A grade that I got gave me another crappy Berry prize, and not anything of actual value.

The points are completely random and so are the prizes. The game exists just to disguise what is basically a slot machine. Its just like doing Super Training for items.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    Is there a way to influence what prize you get? I got berries on level one and a Water Stone on level three. I never got higher than a C rank. I want a Pomeg Berry.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    From what I noticed, you need to click the fastest and smallest balloons for a higher score. I got A for a 82 points. Prizes do seem to be random though, and while I don't really care about the berries, the evolutionary items are nice.

Also, you get access to more prizes the higher your medal count is. I have 76 medals and have access to the 3 levels of prizes Khrysta posted above; I'm wondering if there are more levels?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    From what I noticed, you need to click the fastest and smallest balloons for a higher score.
    I did the same thing and only got 1-3 point balloons. Honestly, I think it's as random as can be.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    From what I noticed, you need to click the fastest and smallest balloons for a higher score. I got A for a 82 points. Prizes do seem to be random though, and while I don't really care about the berries, the evolutionary items are nice.

Also, you get access to more prizes the higher your medal count is. I have 76 medals and have access to the 3 levels of prizes Khrysta posted above; I'm wondering if there are more levels?

I'm in the same boat. I only have the 3 levels available with 60 something medals.

I tried a variety of methods, like popping small, fast balloons, and popping ones that are more covered, collecting all of the same character, etc. It's all random from what I can tell.

If the prizes weren't so randomized, or if they gave prize options based on grade, then the game might make more sense.

All I wanted was an extra King's Rock, maybe some Sun and Moon stones, without the hassle of trying to mug wild Pokemon with Thief.

Back