• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen ban cheating!!!

Years
    I agree with pretty much everybody here about cheating to an extent.

It would be too time consuming, expensive, and environmentally un-friendly to travel to events in far-away cities JUST to get a Pokemon.

I personally don't have a cheating device so I can't really get any event-exclusive Pogies myself, however, if I did have one, I probably would. (and maybe to duplicate items as well) It's still cheaper to go to Wal-Mart or GameStop and get a GS/AR than to buy a $500 plane ticket anyway.

Cheating too much may cause your game to glitch up and all youir boxes to fill up with Bad Eggs though. So I support cheating to get event Pokemon and to duplicate items, but abusing the power of the GS/AR can lead to dire consequences.

PS: GameGenie? They still make those? I thought they stopped after NES/SNES/Genesis.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I only use it to get event stuff, Deoxys/ Celebi, ect.
    Same here, I'm only gonna use my AR for poke'mon that are only obtainable at events. And I'm only gonna do that when the rest of my pokedex is complete. Getting them at events is pretty much the same thing anyway.

Mr. Scizor

Scizor's where it's at.
    Years
    i agree with about everyone, im not gonna get a plane ticket and fly halfway around the country just to get a pokemon, when i can go to my local gamestop, and buy a gameshark or an ar for 30$.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    How would you ban cheating? Tell people to not cheat?

Yeah, I don't really see how that would work. As long as there are games that take more than twenty minutes to beat, there will be cheating.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    How would you ban cheating? Tell people to not cheat?

Yeah, I don't really see how that would work. As long as there are games that take more than twenty minutes to beat, there will be cheating.

On top of that, they are just putting their own game at risk. Cheating can ruin files, and might even permenatly ruin games, forcing you to buy another one. So it seems cheating & hacking isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Back