• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bang Your Head

Rukario

Banned
Years
  • Bang Your Head

Metal Lovers Group

A new group for those who love it hard and loud. We're talking about metal in all its wonderful flavors.

Give props to your fav band, complain about a crap track, whatever.. if its about metal music, you can post it here.

Years
  • I seem to be joining your groups

YES! METAL!
    I will happily join.
    I have loved metal music ever since I was about 15. First band I loved were As I Lay Dying. They really got me into the whole metal scene.

Favourite band at the moment: Fear My Thoughts.​

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I was head banging as I found this thread. Sounds perfect for me.

My repertoire of English bands is still pretty small, but I like a couple... Forever Storm is probably my favorite.

High and Mighty Color is my favorite of all languages.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • Dude sign me up! i play in two metal bands atm as it is haha.
    favourite bands for sure:
    Children of Bodom
    Between The Buried and Me
    Kalmah
    Tool
    Parkway Drive

just to name a few

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • So, to increase posts here, lets do a thing..

What are your last 2 metal CDs purchased or acquired?

for me it was:
    Symfonia In Paradisum
    and
    Alestorm Black Sails at Midnight

Both fairly decent, IMO

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Yo can I join please?

Anyway to contribute something I made a nice big tl;dr about Cynic in another thread which I think I'll just throw in here.

<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

We need some more Cynic in here. One of my absolute favourite bands of all time.

Cynic is basically a band which I would recommend anyone into more experimental metal to check out. They're quite proggy and hell almost jazzy with death metal influence in parts, the former two showing up way more than the latter in their newer stuff from their last couple of albums.

One of my favourites by them from their first full album after they released like 5 EPs or something like that. They later released another version of this which was re-mastered iirc but I think this one's better.

Not that I listened to check which version it is.

So this is leaning towards their more proggy end. If you like this I'd really suggest you get the whole album which was imo simply phenomenal. It's called Traced in Air.

And something from what is, as far as I know, their most recent album. It's more or less an acoustic-ish re-release of Traced in Air which they called Re-Traced. This was a completely new song tho, and not nearly as metal as normal.

tl;dr, Cynic is great.

BANG.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Don't mind me crashing here...

WITH DIO

AND GAMMA RAY

AAAND METALLICAAA

Okay, so I don't know how to embed YouTube videos, so just play some of their songs in your head. Those are by far my favorite metal bands, Dio in particular. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of 80's style thrash/power metal.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • RIP Dio!
    (R.I.P. Ronald James Padavona, July 10, 1942 -- May 16, 2010)

:(

Ronnie James Dio is one of my all time fav artists - there is no wrong in liking ANY of his work.

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • Metal: Loved it since I was 11, will love it till I die..

Personally, listening to some Stormlord (Amazing epic black metal band from italy, check em out I would embed something if I wasn't on my Wii because my laptop's harddrive is having problems.)

Back