• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bargeo Region || Sabre's Fakemon

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Hello, I've started on a fakemon region over at deviantart called the Bargeo Region. First of all here's the Bargeo Pokedex....

#001 - Chiglade (Grass)
    #002 - Chiglade 1st Form (Grass/Flying)
    #003 - Chiglade 2nd Form (Grass/Flying)
    #004 - Shamire (Fire)
    #005 - Shamolten (Fire/Steel)
    #006 - Shamrai (Fire/Steel)
    #007 - Sqazock (Water)
    #008 - Sqazock 1st Form (Water/Ground)
    #009 - Sqazock 2nd Form (Water/Ground)
    #010 - Pipsquice (Normal)
    #011 - Vegavice (Normal/Ice)
    #012 - Iklepilla (Bug)
    #013 - Iklepilla 1st Form (Bug/Psychic)
    #014 - Iklepilla 2nd Form (Bug/Psychic)
    #018 - Paetree (Normal/Flying)
    #019 - Paetree 1st Form (Normal/Flying)
    #020 - Paetree 2nd Form (Normal/Flying)
    #021 - Firboon (Grass)
    #022 - Firboon 1st Form (Grass/Ground)
    #023 - Starfib (Dark/Electric)
    #024 - Starfeif (Dark/Electric)
    #030 - Toxipaw (Poison)
    #031 - Toxipaw 1st Form (Poison)
    #032 - Scabroot (Grass/Fire)
    #033 - Venuslance (Grass/Fire)
    #037 - Glycomz (Rock/Psychic)
    #038 - Glycomz 1st Form (Rock/Psychic)
    #039 - Novear (Ghost/Fighting)
    #042 - Lamolf (Normal/Dark)
    #043 - Niganshe(Dark)
    #049 - Floguin (Water/Ice)
    #050 - Floguin 1st Form (Water/Ice)
    #051 - Ginkstor (Dark/Psychic)
    #054 - Bastot (Steel/Poison)
    #055 - Olabastor (Steel/Poison)
    #056 - Berroink (Normal)
    #059 - Glanf (Grass/Water)
    #060 - Virgrasta (Grass/Water)
    #070 - Brystrich (Psychic/Flying)
    #073 - Poisuzz (Electric/Poison)
    #074 - Injekyll (Electric/Poison)
    #083 - Levibon (Normal)
    #084 - Levibon 1st form (Normal)
    #085 - Levibon 2nd form (Normal)
    #090 - Eqorb (Fire/Ice)
    #091 - Tizanboo (Ghost)
    #092 - Perspector (Ghost)
    #093 - Tizanboo 2nd Form (Ghost)
    #104 - ??? (Evening & Night - Normal/Flying) (Morning & Day - Dark/Flying)
    #105 - ??? (Evening & Night - Normal/Flying) (Morning & Day - Dark/Flying)
    #106 - ??? (Evening & Night - Normal/Flying) (Morning & Day - Dark/Flying)
    #112 - Clababo (Water)
    #113 - Clamitty (Water/Fighting)
    #114 - Clamitty 1st Form (Water/Fighting)
    #125 - Belsagag (Ghost/Steel)
    #126 - Beldamag (Ghost/Steel)
    #127 - Kryshew (Psychic/Poison)
    #128 - Kryshew 1st Form (Psychic/Poison)
    ~~~Legendary~~~
    #159 - Healing Pokemon (Water/Fire)
    #160 - Pandemic Pokemon (Poison/Dark)

The names can change obviously but it won't happen too often. Some I've listed here I haven't posted here yet...that's because I haven't created them properly however I either have basic sketches of them done or a strong idea of what I want them to look like in my head. I have other ideas too but they haven't made the pokedex for definite yet. So they're not listed.

I'm not making a game, but I'm hoping to create many things surrounding the region such as Fakemon, World Map (In HGSS style), Gym Leaders, Evil Organisations, Rivals (of which there will be many) and Elite Four.

I'll get to posting them, if you want extra info about the fakemon (like stats, level up moves or pokedex info) you can find all these fakemon at my deviantart profile, the links in my sig)

Bargeo Starters

#001 - Chiglade
    Spoiler:

#004 - Shamire
    Spoiler:

#007 - Sqazock
    Spoiler:

Other Bargeo Fakemon

#037 - Glycomz
    Spoiler:

#049 - Floguin
    Spoiler:

#054 - Bastot
    Spoiler:

#055 - Olabastor
    Spoiler:

#071 - Brystrich
    Spoiler:

#091 - Tizanboo
    Spoiler:

#113 - Clamitty
    Spoiler:

Brystrich and Shamire were the first two I made, so I might redo them at some point. The details of these fakemon may change if I think of something more suitable for them (like name, species or pokedex number details) but I won't be changing anything too drastic.

The Bargeo Pokedex will have 160 Poke(Fake)mon in it. The amount of legendaries I'm unsure about....maybe 8-10. I'm working on another fakemon right now...so I'll make posts about fakemon as I make them.

I'd love some feedback (here and on deviantart) I think I'm getting a bit better but I know I have a lot to improve on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    New fakemon:

#125 - Belsagag
    Spoiler:

I haven't uploaded it's full details on deviantart yet. I hope I can get it up tomorrow though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not a pokemon this time, but I've created the region map of Bargeo using the HG/SS Tileset. I hope this gives people a better idea of the region.

Bargeo Region Map & Info
    Spoiler:

Gym & Elite Four Summary
    Spoiler:

Nearly every place name is directly influenced by a combination of words (that relate to the kind of place it is) and a couple came about from taking a word and changing it around (so it sounds nicer :p) No Phonice mountain isn't based on Telephones :p

Again I want to mention I'm not making a game, everything is just to get a better understanding of the Bargeo region.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    what i am about to say is not insulting your ability to draw but is contructive critisizm:

it seems like not alot of thought was really put into the art side of things, it seems like you have a good idea with how they all want to look, but the finnish product seems a bit....un-profesional.

as i said i like the idea and where your going with it but the style its drawn is isnt very apealing to me....

just giving my opinion :D hope to see more of this and to see it improve, keep it up

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    what i am about to say is not insulting your ability to draw but is contructive critisizm:

it seems like not alot of thought was really put into the art side of things, it seems like you have a good idea with how they all want to look, but the finnish product seems a bit....un-profesional.

as i said i like the idea and where your going with it but the style its drawn is isnt very apealing to me....

just giving my opinion :D hope to see more of this and to see it improve, keep it up

Thank you! You're the first person to give me criticism (or much of any comment really...) so I haven't got a great idea of what the general opinion of my work is....I really need criticism.

Could you go more in depth with what you think is wrong? I have a bit of an idea is it....

* Boring Angles (I could try drawing the fakemon at an angle, I need to work on making them more solid...they do look flat.).
    * Shading Problems (My shading is probably just about passable (ish) but it's nowhere where it should be. I think I need to pay closer attention to how shading affects the shape of my fakemon. I need to make them more solid and 3d too.
    * Wobbly Lines It can be very difficult to stop my lines looking wobbly and jagged. I use Gimp mostly for making the lineart (although recently (Belsagag) I've attempted using a program called Inkscape to draw the lineart. I don't have a drawing tablet either....do I need one? :S

Usually I'll sketch out the fakemon, scan it and then bring it up in Gimp. Then start drawing straight over with black. It's only since Belsagag I've separated the background sketch and the new lineart into different layers.

They're the three big problems I can see in my work....Can anyone point out others?

I don't know if I should try a sugi style or try and create my own style. There's a person on deviantart who makes fakemon and his style is like no other fakemon style I've seen.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

#083 - Levibon
    Spoiler:

Levibon is based on a Leveret (baby hare) and an Aerial Silks Dancer. (as are it's evos) Levibon is a mixture of Leveret and Ribbon.

I was in the middle of doing this pokemon when I-shadez posted...I'm going to try and make my next one even better. I think I sort of half managed to make the ribbons look shiny....although they look a bit like they have butter rubbed on them. :/

I think I'll give Shamire a redesign too...I'm not as happy with him as the other starters anymore. I like Sqazocks design...so I don't think it needs to be changed too much. Chiglade could do with a small rethink too....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

#012 - Iklepilla
    Spoiler:

For this one, I changed things around a little bit. I got rid of the black outlines and replaced it with darker versions of the main colour used in Iklepilla. I think it works a bit better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

#021 - Firboon
    Spoiler:

I haven't posted it on deviantart just yet, but I will soon. It's based on a Fir Tree and a Baboon. The nose is a bit exaggerated, but the idea is there.

Is this style (Iklepilla & Firboon) better than my previous fakemon? Is this an improvement.....or is it getting worse :S

edit: Now that I look at it again, the right foot is annoying me a bit. Hmm

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Like your ideas, especially the region maps. Looks like it's going to be one hell of a project.
    In any case here's some of my crit:
    The artwork needs work on the linert as they're wiggly and look sloppy, so you should smoothen them out as it's unpleasant to the eye. Maybe also make them thinner unless it's the style you're intending.
    Now, some of your coloring is sloppy, and some of it is really good. For instance:
    Olabostar. The coloring looks like a rough job, and it's just basically straight diagonal lines (which aren't even straight) with bucket fill effects going from darker to lighter. You prolly wanted to emphasize the steel type but you also applied this to the tentacles? O_o
    you should work on your shading and reduce the number of shades of the same color (Like in Chiglade's big leaf which he's holding/sitting on) or somewhat smudge them/clean it etc.

Now looking at Bastot, I get the feeling you nailed down Sugi style, as it's really well colored. It's just that why the rest of the concepts don't use the same or similar technique. It's clean, and smooth etc. I'd say it's currently your best Fakemon in terms of coloring.

Anyways, keep em coming and good luck! ^_^

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Thanks for the crit!

Yeah my lines are very wobbly...that's one of my big issues. I'm going to try using the blur tool in gimp on my latest fakemon Firboon. I'm a bit worried though I don't want to make it too blurry...

I'm going to redo the starter fakemon I think, they need a do over...the overall ideas will stay the same though.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I haven't made a new fakemon, but I've made some changes to a previous fakemon, Tizanboo. It's more a style change than a complete overhaul though.

Spoiler:

I hope it's progress, I think it is anyway. What do you think?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Two new fakemon:

#005 - Shamolten
    Spoiler:

#010 - Pipsquice
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I have a new fakemon to show you all:

#129 - Pigil
    Spoiler:

The white parts of it's body are supposed to look somewhat like bone and also the red parts on it's breast is supposed to look like exposed flesh. However these are just markings. The blue piece is a band that holds it's head feathers together in a sort of mohawk shape.

It's design is based (somewhat) on the Crested Wood Partridge: https://www.peafowl.3h.com/crested.jpg although it's also mixed in with a bit of Pigeon.

I was initially going to make a Normal/Flying partridge but when I found this I thought it suited a dark typing more. I'm still making a Normal/Flying type as the usual (Pidgey/Starly) pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    the art for the pokemon just looks amatuerish but no offense i'm terrible at drawing and they don't seem like pokemon to me. however i will say that it is difficult to come up with names and abilities, attacks, evolution lines, etc. for so many pokemon and still stay as original as you do. also from the ones you drew first to pigil you have definitely improved because the pigil guy looks more like a pokemon and something i would definitely use on a team. then even more importantly i read the first few cities/towns on the map and your backstory and region is AMAZING. i loved it 4/5 on the originality and style of the region. i started picturing the different descriptions in my head and it was really cool. good luck and keep it up!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • You have really great ideas but they're not translating well through your designs. Try to keep more to an actual animal and add the clever traits later - imagine if Murkrow, for example, looked like a broom with crow characteristics than the other way around!

Remember, Pokemon are animals with traits of other objects. It's always more important to focus on the animal-part of the creature.

All that aside, you're making improvements. Pigil looks a lot more like a Pokemon than your previous works, and has a very solid design.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Wow very good. this is a very nice new taste in pokemon art. These pokemon seem festive and happy great job =)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Remember, Pokemon are animals with traits of other objects. It's always more important to focus on the animal-part of the creature.

Thanks for the input. :)

However I would hardly say pokemon such as Bronzor and Magmemite follow this rule do they? So maybe it's not always completely the case? I can't imagine what animals they're based on....

I mean I'd agree that I should make the fakemon like Floguin, Clamitty, Sqazock, Pipsquice, Firboon and Brystrich more true to animals physically, but if I tried adding animal like qualities to Glycomz, Tizanboo, Bastot, Olabastor or Belsagag the point of them would be completely lost or become very unclear. At least that's the feeling I get, there's a strong divide between those fakemon I mentioned. (although I didn't mention them all)

--------------

Plus I'm in the middle of working on an alien fakemon at the moment. It's an odd one, my idea for it is it's basic form will be a fire type and it will be genderless. Then based on if it has fought more males or females in battle it will evolve into a gendered pokemon (when it reaches a certain level) which will be Fire/Flying type. Which has gender differences based on if it's male or female) It's sort of based on the idea of aliens watching/observing humans and then camouflaging themselves to blend in with society.

I was going to do another bird for a Fire/Flying type, but I felt I already have enough birds planned. (although if this goes wrong I might revert to the bird)

So I can't promise it'll look natural and it might not even turn out that well. It's a bit of an experiment. I'll look up some pictures of aliens on the internet and see if there's anything similar to my idea design wise. (I know I'm doing it backwards.....)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So here it is, that Alien fakemon I mentioned before. Overall I'm happy with it...the only thing I'm not sure about is it's left hand/arm. I tried to make it look like it's palm was facing outwards but it does look a bit off. Positions is something I need to work on.

#133 - Ufire
    Spoiler:

At first I thought Ufire wasn't a great name, but after a while it felt like it suited this fakemon. (I was also considering Ufirei (U-fir-ray)....would that be better or worse?) The brown areas on it's body might seem random, but it's something that becomes more clear when it evolves.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i really like the art and can't wait for more. its cool to have a full scale art project rather then the usual sprite thing!!!

Back