• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Barry's a crossdressing Camper!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Well, as I previously mentioned in another topic, I'm replaying Pokemon Crystal. I'm sitting on my bed, running through the Kanto Gyms like a knife through butter, and I notice that one of the trainers in Janine's (Koga's replacement in Fuchsia City) Gym, one of the trainers masquerading as the Leader was a Camper named Barry, which immediately made me think of the Rival from DPPt, and induced a bit of a laugh from me. The point of the topic: have you ever found a trainer which makes you think of another character from somewhere, or a real life person?

Years
    The guy in Brock's gym who says "You're pretty hot, but not as hot as Brock!"

He reminded me of a classmate who was an obsessed Brock fan. He draws pictures of Brock all the time. He refused to watch the Orange Islands episodes. I had to tell him that Brock returned in Johto to make him watch the show again. He hates the Orange Islands episodes solely because Brock wasn't there. The guy in Brock's gym reminds me of that classmate. =D

Last edited:
    Years
    I've not really seen any characters that remind of another character or someone irl, but I think there have been trainers that share my name in every main series game so far; usually Youngsters.

red fraction

solitude is your only friend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    In E/R/S (I think) there is a biker named Kirby.
    just... lol.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I called my rival Roy or Lewis.

Any ways, there is a picnicker in crystal that has my name and my favourite Pokemon.

Back