• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Frontier Discussion

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I usually use:
    1 fast physical sweeper (Heracross)
    1 fast special sweeper (Zapdos)
    1 tankish/defensive (Suicune)

Between the three of them, I've got nearly all the Silver Symbols (just missing the Battle Tower one), and 1 Gold Symbol (Tactics).

Meteordragon01

The Cruxis Angel
    Years
    I know a website that tells you the requirements for getting all the gold and silver metals.

https://www.serebii.net/emerald/frontier.shtml

Just click on the names of the areas in the battle frontier,go near the bottom, and it should show you the requirements for getting the silver and gold badges.

If this link doesnt work for any reason, try this one.

https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Go to the video games section on the side, and click Emerald. Then find the words "battle frontier" and click on it.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Toothache is right on, as usual. Typically you cannot go wrong with that format. Two sweepers (physical and special) and a bulky water. Personally, I go with Aerodactyl, Gengar, and Swampert.

Years
    I use a Houndoom. All the time. It has brutish attack power and it is my best friend in the Battle Arena. *Turns on Gameboy Advance SP and tries to find Pokemon that could be good with Houndoom.* Someone complete this team, help me please. (No get new nature remarks please.)

Houndoom (Item Needed)
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam
    Hyper Beam
    Sunny Day

Metagross (Item Needed) (High Attack Power)
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Meteor Mash
    Double Edge

All I know is that it either a) has to be flying type or b) has to have Levitate.
    Gyarados?

Years
    Maybe I should retrain. I just learned a bunch of stuff about attack and defense and speed etc. IV's and I could create even better Houndoom/Metagross/Other things. And I know why the Battle Factory was created: to give first-Battle Frontier-visit-players a chance to get their first Silver Symbol, and then torment them forever. I hate Counter. The reason for the swapping is so that if by some miracle you beat someone with better Pokemon than you, you can swap for their best only to have it OHKO'd by the next trainer. And in the Battle Pyramid, the witchy lady said that ground moves wouldn't work so I brought electric types only to find many Pokemon with Levitate: most either being ground type or knowing Earthquake. Needless to say, my winning streak ended.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    I use a Houndoom. All the time. It has brutish attack power and it is my best friend in the Battle Arena. *Turns on Gameboy Advance SP and tries to find Pokemon that could be good with Houndoom.* Someone complete this team, help me please. (No get new nature remarks please.)

Houndoom @ Shell Bell/Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam
    Crunch
    Sunny Day

If you are going to use Houndoom, PLEASE use Crunch over the crappy Hyper Beam. Avoid two-turn moves at all costs. Not to mention that Crunch gets STAB and runs off its higher SAtk. Its Flash Fire trait is pretty cool too.

Metagross @ Choice Band/Shell Bell/Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Meteor Mash
    Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Agility

A pure physical attacker needs Choice Band. My favorite set is Agility/EQ/Explosion/Meteor Mash.

All I know is that it either a) has to be flying type or b) has to have Levitate.
    Gyarados?
    That is why I use Aerodactyl as my physical attacker and Swampert as my bulky water. Gyarados could work, but remember that it is 4x weak to Electric. A special Flygon could work too. Or you could go with a bulky water that resists EQ.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    How do I get it to know Crunch... (I already know the answer, it learns it at a level above 50 so I'll have to have it as an egg move...) And when does Metagross learn Explosion?
    Actually, Houndoom learns it at Lv59, and it isn't an Egg move either. The only way you can get a baby Houndoom is if both the parents know Crunch.

Also, Metagross doesn't learn Explosion. You have to teach it from the Move Tutor in FRLG.

Years
    Hardest to beat? I can't even get to any gold symbol versions, but I had trouble with Lucy. Not because she had overly tough Pokemon, but because her Shuckle kept using Rest! Good thing I was using a Metagross.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Spencer used to be really hard to beat, but then I got a Lv. 100 Skarmory and it was suddenly easy. Skarmory ruins his Slaking and Crobat, and since it has Sturdy, his Lapras can't use Sheer Cold on it.
    I got a Gold Symbol from him since his Suicune was being stupid and never Calm Minded against my Regice's Thunderbolts.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I ABSOLUTE LOVE Battle Factory I keep playing it on open level.
    I've gone through it a grip of times already but I haven't earned any
    symbols yet.
    Does anyone know how many times I have to go through it before I get
    my 1st symbol.

also about the points earned thingy.
    like I generally earn 3 or 4 but every couple of time i go through it
    I'll get 5 points when I finish.

is there a specific tactic or something that earns me more points?
    'cuz if someone could explain that to me I'd be so greatful 'cuz earning
    points though WAY FUN is kind of tedius.
    but I do so enjoy these battles.
    My favorite is the double battle.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Interesting. To get the Silver Symbol, all you need to do is win three consecutive runs. On the fourth run, at the end, you will battle Nolan. To get the Gold Symbol, you need to win six consecutive times, and the on the seventh you again battle Nolan at the end. You might have gone through it a grip of times, but have you won consecutively. That would be the only reason I can think of why you haven't earned a symbol yet.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    um...do you mean like 4 or 6 times in a row without actually turning off my
    gameboy?

'cuz I haven't done that but I've got loads of wins, i've even started earning
    more BP when i'm done i'm up to 7 BP everytime I finish it.

but I'll try doing it that many times without turning off my GB.
    um...does it matter if i'm doing the open level double battle challenge?

Back