• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle System - PHP Developement

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    I have begun working on creating the Pokemon Battle System in PHP. Currently it fetches information such as Pokemon (stats, etc) and battle moves from a mySQL database.

I'm just doing this for fun as an on-the-side project for now. I'm just curious if there is any other programmer's around the community that may have programming abilities and might be interested is collaborating towards a similar project.

Who knows, it could later be used to make an online Pokemon (mini)game or written to a more scalable language for a game.

Your thoughts please?

Last edited:

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    I know lots of php and mysql but I haven't coded in mounths so I don't think i'm as good plus that would be hard making the turn by turn in php

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    The purpose of this project is to establish the back-end code for a working and accurate Pokemon Battle System. A later possibilty would be to create a client in Flash to make the experience seem more like a game than a webpage.

Let's say you are playing against your friend and you have selected an attack but he has not. Assuming the client (a program written to interact with the battlesystem) is a PHP webpage, a simple META refresh or Javascript refresh could easily check if others have taken their turn.

All calculations and security-related information is stored server side and processed internally. When the last player has submitted their turn, the attacks are all calculated and results are sent to players.

Last edited:

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • This project looks promising. If you ever do this idea in rgss, could you merge it with my universal pokedex project?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Cursed said:
    This project looks promising. If you ever do this idea in rgss, could you merge it with my universal pokedex project?

Hi Cursed. I'm not sure that I will ever be creating this project in RGSS. For now I plan on using PHP because it will make online multiplayer battles fairly easy to accomplish.

Back