• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

battle tower team needs help!

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    my battletower team needs some big time help! here are they:

huntail
    modest@shell bell(only one leftovr is alowed!)
    - raindance
    - ice beam
    - surf
    - crunch

crawdaunt
    brave@sitrus berry
    - swordsdance
    - hp ghost
    - crabhammer
    - ancientpower(pp uped!)

ragice
    forgot the nature@ leftovers
    - ice beam
    - thunderbolt
    - superpower
    - explosion

please help me

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

While Huntail's moveset is fine, Huntail itself isn't a very good Water type, and Crawdaunt is pretty shabby too. Your team needs way more diversity. It has trouble with Ludicolo, Swampert, not to mention all of them are pretty slow, and you also have 2 Fighting weaknesses.

You need a strong physical attacker on this team, preferably something that's not weak against Fighting, like Salamence or Heracross.

There are better choices for Special sweepers out their. Neither Huntail nor Crawdaunt's special attacks even top 100. Gardevoir, Alakazam, Sceptile…they're good examples.

Regice needs Rest. Since the two Pokémon on your current team have major special weaknesses, you're gonna be depending a lot on Regice to pull through and Rest ensures it will last longer. Your other move should be….meh, Toxic. It's better than Superpower at least. You don't want a move that lowers Defense on something like Regice that's supposed to last long.

Regice
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rest
    -Toxic

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    thank you gandalf, i'll post my new team later this week

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    aragornbird said:
    Regice
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rest
    -Toxic

Thunder Wave is also a good option for the last slot.

Also CoolLatios that was a pointless post. His name is aragornbird but you also didn't contribute to the thread in any way.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

I purposely excluded Thunder Wave because I don't think he's playing Emerald since he only mentioned Battle Tower instead of Battle Frontier.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    aragornbird said:

I purposely excluded Thunder Wave because I don't think he's playing Emerald since he only mentioned Battle Tower instead of Battle Frontier.

That makes sence as I only know what works not what games you can get what moves from. T-Wave still works though. =P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Hmmm what aragornbird said was right. I would actually give a few suggestions, you need something to counter your counter.

Regice is countered by fire and fight. It is sensible for you to have a water but crawdaunt and huntail isnt very good. If your starter was swampert then swampert would work wonders with surf and EQ. For the fight part just get a Salamence, Altaria or Flygon. I don`t like plain flying types.

A water is countered by lightning and grass. Of course if you have Swampert it would be much better.

With Swampert
    All you have to worry about is grass. Grass is beaten by Regice so that leaves a slot for another pokemon yay!

Without
    You have grass and thunder to worry about so you will need a ground type. A Graveler/Golem works fine.

You must be worried about your dragon/flying types since ice is good against them. This just makes your last slot (if you have swampert) get used up by using a fire. I like Camerupt even though its slow. If you dont have a swampert then you are screwd. Thats your team, I hope I got that right...

Back