• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle tower training

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    If this is really more of a ' Simple Questions' query, I apologise in advance, though I think this a little more complicated.

I'm trying to train a team up to take on Battle Tower in Ruby, at a Level 100 challenge. I've only managed a 36 straight win run so far, and I wanted to train up a group to be strong enough to carry me up to the 100 straight win mark.

My problem is trying to work out which pokemon I'm training will end up with over 300 HP ( this being the lowest limit I'm accepting in a team member). I've been working with a Brave natured Linoone from level 2: he looked promising at the start, but his HP gain has been a lot less than I expected, and It's now looking doubtful he'll get much above 300.

I've been breeding other pokemon to get the lowest level I can, but I don't want to begin training if I can tell they won't be worth the effort ( or the vitamins). I've a level 26 Kirlia who's HP at this point is also way lower than I expected.

So, is there a way I can take my hatchling pokemon's stats and calculate what the eventual HP is going to be? And what can I do to improve the chances of my trainee getting above the minimum target I've set?

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    I don't yhink there is an special "way" to know or to manipulate the hp of a pokemon so don't know.Maybe try using a known high hp pokemon like lapras or blissey:)

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Well you can train in the cave in Verdanturf Town and fight Whismur. This is recommended because they give you one EV point for beating it. As for getting it above your minimum target, just give it as many HP UPs as you can. If you want to see the Max Hp for any pokemon as well as the rest of their stats you can just go here.

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    having over 300 hp isn't really a big part of the battle tower, you have to raise them according to their strengths, for example, latios is fast and has a high special attack, focus on those two instead of the others to get best results.

Back