• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen battle tower unstoppable team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • hey, in battle tower my team is lv50 glalie, lv 50 exploud, and lv 48 flygon. only thing is i dont know what items i should hold to make me even more unstoppable. post ur ideas for me.

+el_pal

Call meh Zee. Really.
    Years
  • I think you can make Glalie hold Nevermeltice to boost ice moves and Exploud maybe a silk scarf to boost its normal movs. Not sure about Flygon.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • eww... 1.1 boosters? As if they do give you that much boost anyway... in battle tower, shell bell, leftovers or lum berry is everything you need. And battle tower is a lot weaker than crystal's... in crystal they have close to maximum stats, while here their EV is hardly half full.

Years
  • yeh i used those items before battle tower... but right now flygon has shell bell....glalie has white herb, and exploud has ...i think quickclaw

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    +el_pal said:
    I think you can make Glalie hold Nevermeltice to boost ice moves and Exploud maybe a silk scarf to boost its normal movs. Not sure about Flygon.

No need to boost attacks that already get STAB anyway.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Glalie is the evolved form of Snorunt which can be found around the bottom of Shoul Cave...the cave with the old guy in it that wants 4 of each shell or something and then he gives you Shell Bell.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • awkwardsilencer said:
    the team has never got taken down but just incase i want some better items on them
    As if any opponent team within the gameboy can take down a player's team of 6 zigzagoons anyway... poor ev, no sense of what the heck they're doing (25% of using a certain move, aka random)... plus glalie being useful sounds too new to me.

Years
  • Boost items have only 10% chance of working... I agree with Frosty...

You should do some rest+chesto combo. Give flygon a shell bell. As for Glalie, he makes a good hailer... O_o

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Boost items always work by only give an attack a 10% boost (in comparison to 50% from STAB... ahem? A "bit" crappy?) Leftovers, shell bell and berries give you a lot more benefits. Quick claw should be used sometimes as the 24% chance of first strike can save butt at times.

Years
  • oh 10% boost... I thought 10% chance of working... anyways, I don't like boost items... berries are more useful in my opinion...

Years
  • lol u were being sarcastic bout glalie right? cuz hes sick, and hailer? ...ummm hail stinks. berries stink its used once and its gone. then no item the rest the battles.
    boost items arent a big enuff help. im gonna stick with quickclaw white herb and leftovers and other helpful items like that.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • sorry for going off topic but what's STAB?
    Leftovers is better than Shell Bell sometimes. Like if u use 1-hit KO attacks a lot or big-damage attacks, use Shell Bell because it gives u 1/8 of the amount of damage u caused to the opponent HP.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • STAB: Same Type Attack Bonus

A pokemon using a STAB move (Arcanine using flamethrower, Blastoise using surf, or Slaking using hyperbeam) will be boosted by 1.5 times.

Berries don't get used up in battle tower after each battle as it should come back automatically after each trainer, but I'm not sure as I never bothered with it. however, if salac/liechi/petaya/lum berry if "useless" for you, I'll ge glad to point out what's so scary about them anyday...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Then point out why they are scary for me. The only one I can consider scary is the Lum Berry. The other 3 boost stats, but I haven't considered them scary yet since I never figureed out how much it boosts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back