• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tree team options

Years
  • So I've done quite a few runs into the Battle Tree now...

My best team reached 37th battle and the members were:

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
    Ability: Bulletproof
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Earthquake

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Merciless (Trying to have one with Regenerator, but I'm procrastinating a lot >.>)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Baneful Bunker
    - Toxic

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Arm

My second best reached 19th (yeah, not so good compared to my best team but still...) and the members were:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Moonlight
    - Wish
    - Payback
    - Toxic

Yeah, I know Umbreon is not that OP, but it's my favorite Pokemon so I tried to fit it somewhere. x)

Swords Dance
    Mimikyu @ Life Orb
    Ability: Disguise
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Play Rough
    - Shadow Claw
    - Facade

It was a nice help to Umbreon. Switching when there was a fighting type or just finishing Umbreons job by using facade on a poisoned target.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Inner Focus (Don't have a justified one)
    Nature Jolly
    - Swords Dance
    - Poison Jab (Need a replacement for this one, I wanted Iron Tail but I think it's not possible to teach it in Pokemon Sun/Moon)
    - Close Combat
    - Bullet Punch

I need some ideas... The competitive Pokemon I have so far are:

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock / Psychic (Didn't decide yet)
    - Moonblast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Calm Mind

Porygon 2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 252HP / 252 SpA/ 4SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave (Maybe a new move for here? Tri Attack can cause status change)

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Shadow Bone
    - Flare Blitz
    - Bonemarang
    - Will-O-Wisp

Crobat @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Jolly Nature
    - Protect
    - Cross Poison
    - U-turn
    - Taunt

Komala @ ???
    Ability: Comatose
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Wood Hammer
    - Rapid Spin
    - Sucker Punch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Moonblast (wanted Hyper Voice but once again I don't know how to teach it in Pokemon Sun/Moon)
    - Wish
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock

Golisopod @ ???
    Ability: Emergency Exit
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - First Impression
    - Liquidation
    - Leech Life
    - Poison Jab

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt

Espeon @ ???
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psychic

Any team you recommend with this Pokemon? Or if you guys think I should get more competitive Pokemon please let me know which ones, I'm really out of ideas here. x.x

Thanks in advance and sorry the long post!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    for starters u want aqua jet on golisopod. Crobat's setup doesnt appeal to me either.

Years
  • Aqua Jet instead of Liquidation?
    Yeah for Crobat I'll breed one with Brave Bird but even so I think Crobat its not an option for battle tree

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • From what I've researched about battle tree teams, there are certain Pokemmon that especially shine.

Tapu Koko/Tapu Lele- due to high speed and one-shot potential.
    Komala- since comatose ignores most stall bs that the AI likes to use.
    Toxapex- for obvious tanking reasons.
    Garchomp- high speed and one shots many pokemon (Just like Tapu Koko)
    Weavile- great at tankbusting and super-effective KOs
    Mega-Salamence/Mega Metagross (Need a lot of BP first, so not the best when you first start grinding)
    Mimikyu-Disguise swords sance setup is wonderful.
    Aegislash-Swords Dance+Shadow Sneak is A+

So just think OU hard meta, and you'll do fine.

P.S. Sylveon can't get Hyper Voice unless it's from 6th gen, so you'll have to wait until Poke-Bank updates for that.

Years
  • yeah I have almost every Pokemon on that list, but my record is still on 37th battle.
    I'll try to get Weaville now, now that you've mentioned it, it seems like a pretty good option, I have one on my ORAS and he was a nice lead Pokemon.
    Thank you!

SirBoglor

Years
  • yeah I have almost every Pokemon on that list, but my record is still on 37th battle.
    I'll try to get Weaville now, now that you've mentioned it, it seems like a pretty good option, I have one on my ORAS and he was a nice lead Pokemon.
    Thank you!

Sure, I actually just finished getting a moon ball competitive Weaville yesterday. The only downside with using one right now is that Knock Off on Weaville is ORAS exclusive, so you'll have to wait until Pokebank updates or use throat chop instead (like what I did.)

Anyways, want me to breed you down one? It has EMs Fake Out, Icicle Crash, and Throat Chop. Plus, passing the IVs down would be super easy for me.

Years
  • Sure, I actually just finished getting a moon ball competitive Weaville yesterday. The only downside with using one right now is that Knock Off on Weaville is ORAS exclusive, so you'll have to wait until Pokebank updates or use throat chop instead (like what I did.)

Anyways, want me to breed you down one? It has EMs Fake Out, Icicle Crash, and Throat Chop. Plus, passing the IVs down would be super easy for me.

Oh! I'm close to have a competitive Sneasel now, but thanks for the offer. Didn't know about the Knock Off part... Really those guys shouldn't downgrade from one game to another... Unfortunatly money run this type of things. I'll use your sugestion until Bank updates, thank you!

SirBoglor

Years
  • Oh! I'm close to have a competitive Sneasel now, but thanks for the offer. Didn't know about the Knock Off part... Really those guys shouldn't downgrade from one game to another... Unfortunatly money run this type of things. I'll use your sugestion until Bank updates, thank you!

Sure, that's fine. One last thing to note: getting a razor claw for evolving Sneasel is as painful as it could possibly get in this game. You have to get a Jangmo-o to spawn, (5% Chance in Vast Poni Canyon) Then start an S.O.S. battle and spam Thief on each Hakamo-o that spawns (5% chance to be holding one.) If you get a Kommo-o to spawn, the chance is 50% (but the odds of one spawning are really low.) If that's not annoying enough, the razor claw required to evolve Sneasel is consumed once you evolve one. Extremely annoying.

Back