• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] BattleFont

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2020
    I've been trying to change the pokemon name font from the default one to the BW style, but I cant find where to change it, can someone tell me how to?
    BattleFont

I want it to look like this font (just in case)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    I've been trying to change the pokemon name font from the default one to the BW style, but I cant find where to change it, can someone tell me how to?
    BattleFont

I want it to look like this font (just in case)

Install the Font (must to be .TTF) inside Font Folder AND install in your PC:
    https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/563645/pokemon_b_w_1

Then, in 'PScreen_Load' search to ' # names (not filenames) of fonts to be installed' and add (remeber to add a ',' after last word. See the red lines. You shall put the font title, in case, will be 'Pokemon B/W'):
    Code:
      # names (not filenames) of fonts to be installed
      Names = [
        'Power Green',
        'Power Green Narrow',
        'Power Green Small',
        'Power Red and Blue',
        'Power Clear',
        'Power Red and Green'[COLOR="Red"],
        'Pokemon B/W'[/COLOR]
      ]

Now, search to 'PScreen_Options' script, inside '[MessageConfig::FontName], # Default font style - Power Green/"Pokemon Emerald"' add (title name):
    Code:
    $VersionStyles = [
      [MessageConfig::FontName], # Default font style - Power Green/"Pokemon Emerald"
      ["Power Red and Blue"],
      ["Power Red and Green"],
      ["Power Clear"],
    [COLOR="red"]  ["Pokemon B/W"]
    [/COLOR]]

Look for 'SpriteWindow' script and add (title name and a second name to use):
    Code:
      FontSubstitutes = {
         "Power Red and Blue"     => "Pokemon RS",
         "Power Red and Green"    => "Pokemon FireLeaf",
         "Power Green"            => "Pokemon Emerald",
         "Power Green Narrow"     => "Pokemon Emerald Narrow",
         "Power Green Small"      => "Pokemon Emerald Small",
         "Power Clear"            => "Pokemon DP"[COLOR="Red"],
         "Pokemon B/W"        => "Pokemon BlackWhite"[/COLOR]
      }

Finally, to put in Options Screen, search to 'EnumOption.new(_INTL("Font Style"),[_INTL("Em"),_INTL("R/S"),_INTL("FRLG"),_INTL("DP")],' and add BW:
    Code:
           EnumOption.new(_INTL("Font Style"),[_INTL("Em"),_INTL("R/S"),_INTL("FRLG"),_INTL("DP")[COLOR="Red"],_INTL("BW")[/COLOR]],

Cya,

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2020
    first of all, thx for replying but I did all the steps you mentioned and ended up with this font
    BattleFont

do you know if I did something wrong?

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    first of all, thx for replying but I did all the steps you mentioned and ended up with this font
    BattleFont

do you know if I did something wrong?

I fixed my post. Please check again. Also, if you want to put a small font just edit the size in 'def pbSetSystemFont(bitmap)':
    Code:
    def pbSetSystemFont(bitmap)
      fontname=MessageConfig.pbGetSystemFontName
      bitmap.font.name=fontname
      if fontname=="Pokemon FireLeaf" || fontname=="Power Red and Green"
        bitmap.font.size=29
      elsif fontname=="Pokemon Emerald Small" || fontname=="Power Green Small"
        bitmap.font.size=25
    [COLOR="Red"]  elsif fontname=="Pokemon BlackWhite" || fontname=="Pokemon B/W"
        bitmap.font.size=29 #29 will be the new size[/COLOR]
      else
        bitmap.font.size=31
      end
    end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2020
    well, i got it kind of working, but the text is blurry and sometimes letters are missing
    BattleFont

and, also sorry for not specifiying but, I was looking to just change the font of the pokemon name to this one
    BattleFont

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2020
    thx for the help, if I find the font I will definitely share it with the community.

Back