• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Battling the Generation Gap" Episode Discussion

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • I didn't take that much notes this time.

-Top Coördinator carnival?
    -Hikari has a different hair style! Yay!
    -Musashi is dressed up as Melissa. . . creepy.
    -Ayako is such a fangirl of Yuri.
    -Hikari wins her third ribbon.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • I think Dawn looked cuter with two ponytails but then she changed her hair too the one she always has in contests. Not saying she looked bad but she uses it always.
    Spoiler:

Male Delcatty and female Ambipom is a little weird. Its now 100% true that its female in the dub.

Johana and Lila's backstory is quite nice. I liked this episode, thought...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I loved this episode.

- Ash and his pokemon fall asleep... again
    - Go Buneary!
    - Dawn's hair is cool. It actually made that dress look almost attractive
    - Jessie failed... I'm sorry Yanmega.
    - Lila is a little... crazy isn't she. Those eyes of hers...
    - Dawn vs. Lila! Probably the most EPIC contest battle I've ever seen
    - I didn't know Shcokwave could make the form of a flower...
    - Ambipon vs. Delcatty. Bowchikawowow!
    - That is one BIG swift attack
    - Let's play dress up!
    - Brock looks like a discolored Lucas
    - Ash looks like a discolored Jun (or Damion if that is his English name)
    - Dawn chooses a really yucky colored dress
    - Both Ash and Brock look like morons... seriously Ash looks like he's going Hawaii, but he's wearing a scarf...
    - Next weeks episode...

TEAM GALACTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least I hope that tv.com was right)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I just heard, the next episode about TG is "Losing its Lustrous".
    Though I don't really like it in some degree, it's... fine overall.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    It was pretty good that battle was great specially the ending with the two attacks clashing. I laughed like crazy when Ash and his Pokemon fell sleep while they were trying to think of a way to beat hypnosis.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It was pretty good that battle was great specially the ending with the two attacks clashing. I laughed like crazy when Ash and his Pokemon fell sleep while they were trying to think of a way to beat hypnosis.

Oh, I forgot about Ash falling asleep again! He did last episode, too, and it was a kind of weird running gag between them. It was easier to spot when it aired in Japan because this and the last episode aired as an hour special.

Since the episode must have aired this morning, obviously I haven't seen it yet, heh.

Years
  • Lila's voice is kinda...familiar. >.> Dunno why...
    Ash needs to drink some coffee next time, xD.
    Love Dawn's new hairstyle, it actually reminded me of May's hair back at Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Hehe, pompoms.
    Jesse really needs to lose the flying trick, it's getting really old.
    She also really shouldn't dress up as other people, or mimick their accents. O-o
    Omaigawd, that last part of the battle was so epic. Did you here the music in the background? xD
    Ah...the dress Dawn picked out...looks...familiar...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Thier battle was EPIC!

-Yay pokemon contest! 8D
    -Hmm,i'm not a fan of Dawn's hairstyle and dress here =/
    -Anyways her Buneary's appeal was just soo cute and really brought it out^^
    -Cherrim!Yay!it was sooo cute[ahaha looked like a plum^^] The appeal was pwetty. =3
    -How'd she do that with magical leaf...wow alot of training 0.0
    -It was great to see Delcatty again,but male! i wanted it to be female...no offense to you people =]

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I'm probably the only one who didn't really like this episode. Lila and Dawn's battle just wasn't all that special :\

- You used this joke last episode...twice...
    - Mr Sukizo is the only person whose original VA I miss...he sounds about ten.
    - That Nosepass was doing a lot.
    - I hope jessie wins, actually. It would be hilarious to see her in the grand festival.
    - She's not gonna win with that, though...
    - Haha. Dawn fails.
    - Deus ex machina, anyone?
    - She didn't "manage to pull it together", she completely lucked out.
    - "Abroad". Not making the same mistake as series one and referring to places such as "Las Vegas".
    - "We went at it back in the day!" I can't be the only one who found that dirty...
    - Game mechanics don't work so well in the anime sometimes...
    - That sounded like jigglypuff's song...
    - So she gets extra points...for smiling?
    - NO!!! DAWN FAILS!
    - That battle was...meh. No real strategy in the end - just "my attack was stronger, I win"
    - Wow. Brock looks like a paedophile in those clothes, whereas Ash looks about thirty. Fashionable.
    - Oh my God... what if these clothes are permanent?!

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    Hmm, Guys did this episode air today on US TV? or you are talking about UK episode?
    Im sure wher not this far, Will have to check online site for it

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Now this was a coolies episode. I kidna wish I saw the stuff before the opening theme but my DVR didn't record that part.

Bad:
    I kinda wish they made Jessie do a better appeal. I mean I thuoght they made it where she would have learned something from Melissa. I guess that is a bit too much to expect. Teeheehee

Also another thing that got me kinda not happy is how they always save Dawn for last when telling who goes the next round. Su. Maybe that is a bit too much to ask for.

Good:
    Well everything about this contest was great. I really like how Dawn and Bunery were able to pull the win in the end. It is really coolie to see the Ice Beam Skate rink in a contest battle.

The battle. Now that was a lot of things going on there. One of the best Contest battles I have seen in a long while. Coolies on how everything ended and glad to see that pokemon abilities are in effect for Contest Battles. The ending was kinda different but it was coolies to see that huge storm of Swift attack rain upon Delicatty.

Teeheehee I really do like Lila and hope that she will make a comeback apperence in the future. To tell the truth I really hope she gets that fifth ribbon so she can go to the Grand Festitval. I love her style and I just love that "I am out for blood" attitude that she has. That is certainlly something that all of Dawn's rivals are missing that I am missing from May's contest days. The feeling that this rival wants blood from Dawn is just so energizing to see. I am so hoping to see Lila make a comeback apperance.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Just saw this ep on YouTube. x)

Ambipom's a GIRL?!
    Do all Sing attacks sound like Jigglypuff?
    Big Swift. O.O
    Hah, Johanna's real supportive of her daughter, isn't she? [sarcasm]
    Nice outfits, guys. Too bad you'll never wear 'em.
    How on earth is Ash gonna beat Fatina?[sp?] Sleep through the whole battle?

Rating: 8/10

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm, Guys did this episode air today on US TV? or you are talking about UK episode?
    Im sure wher not this far, Will have to check online site for it

The only episodes people discuss here are the ones that air in Japan and the ones that air in America.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Just saw this ep on YouTube. x)

Ambipom's a GIRL?!

Ambipom has been established as female for a very long time. May said "Aipom is a girl after all, isn't she?" in the raw version during the Battle Frontier, and Dawn referred to Aipom as a female twice in previous D/P episodes.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Lilah was cool, in a strange, awesome kind of way. I'm glad Dawn realised that it's OK if she lost. She looked so much more relaxed... But she was still definitely determined to win. Ambipom pulled through in the end and Delcatty pretty much got destroyed. I'm glad Dawn won, and I hope Lilah comes back.

Ash and Brock... not too much to say about them. Jessie was funny though. XD

Oh yeah... Wow! PUSA kept all pieces except for three: The title screen, the music during Lilah's preformance, and the marching drum music. We got a little bit more silence than usual and Oracion to make up. Oh, and I do believe the wine glasses weren't edited either. :p PUSA continues to do an excellent job...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • That's good to know Blue. I'm happy that they're keeping more music and mixing their own in because they do make a nice mix.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Lila's voice annoyed me... soooo much, not quite sure why though...

Jessie's imitation of Fantina made me laugh XD

I still can't figure out how Lila was so far ahead, and then a simple Swift attack made up for everything that Lila did. Sure, it was a LOT of stars (A LOT) but still... lol

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I accidently deleted my review from Notepad, heh...well apparently 17 pieces were kept, which matches the highest ever of Dawn's Early Light (this episode may have kept more than Dawn's Early Night, can't remember)

Do all Sing attacks sound like Jigglypuff?

Yes, Jigglypuff's theme is the same tune Sing makes in the games. It's also in RBY/FRLG in Pewter City when you talk to the Jigglypuff in the Pokemon Centre

Back