• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BBC America: Good TV

Years
  • I don't watch much TV these days. Most of the stuff they have on these days are reality show and they all suck. The only channels I have been watching are Speed TV, Food Network, Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet.

However, there's one channel I've been watching a lot of these days. And it's all thanks to the Brits across the pond: BBC America.

BBC Worldwide's American branch hosts a lot of good programs. I remember watching this channel when they showed Monty Python's Flying Circus, one of my favorite shows ever! These days, they have a lot of cool shows that I've been watching lately. Here are a few of my faves.

How Clean Is Your House?: Two ladies, who are expert cleaners and know how to make a place squeaky clean, go around Britain and the U.S. on an unusual mission: to seek out the filthiest homes in history. The two ladies check out the person's abode and go to lengths to check out just about everything that a normal person WOULD NEVER DO! An these homes are 1000% MESSY!! It makes my room look totally clean!

The "F" Word: The "F" stands for "food". Famed chef Gordon Ramsay, a dude who drops more "F" bombs than I do in one day, kicks out his talented chefs and replaces them with complete novices to see who has the desire. Then, the crew makes a 3 course meal for 50 guests in The "F" Word restaurant. Later, a special guest faces off with Ramsay in a recipe challenge where they make variations of their own recipes.

Doctor Who: I'm usually not the one to watch much Sci-fi stuff, but this show has been around for well over 40 years. I caught a recent episode and I liked it. The current Doctor rules. I don't know why I like him, though. Maybe it's because he wears Converse sneakers.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares: Gordon Ramsay goes around and tries to help out restaurants from going under. Most of the time, he's just dropping "F" bombs on just about everybody to make them wake up and smell the coffee.

And my most favorite show of all...

Top Gear: This show rules all! Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May rule! The Stig is God!! There's nothing I like more than seeing 3 guys think they're car guys and end up failing at their challenge!

I think I've found my cure for those boring nights. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Top Gear is great ~ I like Doctor Who, but I preferred it when Rose was in the show, I didn't mind the doctor change though.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Top Gear is actually a good show. I am going to watch it as much as I can.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    What's ironic is our BBC 3 shows next to nothing but American shows (or our repeats but)

Back