• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Beedrill Trouble!

shockzone

Titles are to short to have a-
    Years
    So thats where luck was when it wasn't helping me.
    Anyway, beedrill is terrible for battling kadabra and butterfree would have done better if you decided to switch even though beedrill is cooler than butterfree.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Beedrill is cool but is easy to OHKO...
    (Snorlax is EVEN cooler, and can be OHKOed by a single Cross Chop!)
    The only way you can get a OHKO with Cross Chop on Snorlax is if your Pokemon is a much higher level, or the Snorlax has not been bred properly. My
    Snorlax can survive a Cross Chop from a Lv100 Machamp even if it has a +Atk nature, flawless Atk IV, and 252 Atk EVs.

As for Beedrill vs. Kadabra - considering the stipulation you added to the battle with allowing a status move (which makes me wonder how competent your opponent is by using Tail Whip, which is barely worse than Sand Attack), I would say the outcome would always be a toss up and based on pure luck.

Not sure how honest you are being about the battle, but it is always nice to see the underdog come out on top. Beedrill is still one of the worst fully evolved Pokemon in the game though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2009
    beedril problem

if u train ur beedril to level 20 it will learn twin needle.so u can figh tthe kadabra easily cuz twinneedle strike 2 times

Sheek

Paladin
    Years
    With Beedrill, just hope you can hit it with Twinneedle or something.

If you really wanna take it out that bad, use something with good attack and a priority move like quick attack. Also make sure it has an Attack boosting nature, like Adamant or something. Maybe Raticate can get lucky and KO it with a STAB Quick Attack or something?

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Pokemon not all about strategy, Its about havin fun and cool pokemonz on your team.
    +Beedrills cool and if you some how get beedrill to use a bug move before it faints, it should beat Kadabra.

(When i saw the title I thought of the episode where ash was with the samurai and they got chased by beedrill!!lolzz)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can also have fun without getting your butt handed to you on a consistent basis. Strategy is what separates competitive battling from in-game battling against the pathetic AI. In-game you can face Kadabra with your Beedrill, win 90% of the time, and generally feel good about yourself. Go up against someone with a brain and Beedrill is OHKO'd 100% of the time. Kadabra has a base Spd of 105 while Beedrill is only 75. In order for Beedrill to go first, it would need to be a +Spd nature and at least 188 Spd EVs, and the Kadabra not +Spd nature, 0 Spd IVs, and 0 Spd EVs. Not likely.

Back