• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] beep!

Years
  • hi all!
    beep!

you can call me fennel! ^o^/

pokemon has been the most dear franchise to my heart for nearly 2 decades. i have never stopped being giddy over every game release and am eagerly awaiting all of the new designs to come in gen 9! pichu is my favorite ever, and the gen 3 games feel like a part of my soul.

i decided to make an account here as i've been longing more and more for forum interaction again in recent years, i really dislike the anxious feelings associated with social media and public servers @_@;; . i was very active on the marriland forums around 2009 and made some great friends there, hosting a sprite shop (rip pixels T_T) and spamming in the games section so my middle schooler self could see that beautiful post count number go up. LAWL.

i've dabbled all over with shiny hunting, making my own mini-rom hack in 2016 (pretty much just harder firered with my friends as trainers), plushie collecting, eeveelution rps.. in recent times though i've become very acquainted with creating pokemon art and sharing fakemon OCs! i would like to dabble potentially into webcomics more (especially with my own OC species of creatures named Kuubi), and share art with one another. i'm extremely partial to the old oekaki style.

here is some of my art:
    Spoiler:

for other non-pokemon info, i have my own neocities page that acts as a more well-rounded biography for myself: https://tarvastu.neocities.org/

i hope to make great friends on here! take care!
    beep!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, Fennel, and welcome to the forums!
    It's great to see more people who have been fans of Pokémon since Generation 1 (like me! ^^). What is your favourite starter ?

I am also very curious about Generation 9 pokémon's design!
    Pichu is so cute indeed! I really enjoyed playing Ruby, this is where I found my second favourite pokémon (you can easily guess who it is ^^). I eagerly invite you to join PokéCommunity forum games, which are pretty fun! The more the merrier!

These arts are wonderful! The pixel one is very cute, I really like the other arts' painting style.
    Don't hesitate to share your arts in the Art Studio section!
    I look forward to see you on the forums, and I am always up for new friends! Take care, you too!

Last edited:
    Years
  • ah yes more eeveelutions.... soon the eeveelutionati will reign supreme! :fufu:

Hello =3
    Spoiler:

Do you already know what starter you will be picking for gen 9?
    Which Pokemon did you shiny hunt?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome fennel! I would say that I completely relate to your middle-schooler self except my terminally online phase happened in my 20s, so it's extra lame, lol :P

Your OCs are adorable though! I would love to see more of your art, and we definitely have plenty of users interested in all things pixel art!

Happy posting and don't hesitate to ask anyone on staff if you have any questions! :D

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Hi fennelz, nice to meet you! Hope your day is going well!

Also I fully agree with you, Gen 3 was my favourite too!

Also WHOA, I love your art! I'd really suggest making a thread in Artist Studio, I would love to see more of your work!

All in all, welcome to PC, hope you have a good time here!
    (P.S. I heard that Forum Games is a fun section too...)

Years
  • Hello, Fennel, and welcome to the forums!
    It's great to see more people who have been fans of Pokémon since Generation 1 (like me! ^^). What is your favourite starter ?

I am also very curious about Generation 9 pokémon's design!
    Pichu is so cute indeed! I really enjoyed playing Ruby, this is where I found my second favourite pokémon (you can easily guess who it is ^^). I eagerly invite you to join PokéCommunity forum games, which are pretty fun! The more the merrier!

These arts are wonderful! The pixel one is very cute, I really like the other arts' painting style.
    Don't hesitate to share your arts in the Art Studio section!
    I look forward to see you on the forums, and I am always up for new friends! Take care, you too!

cyndaquil! his dub voice and his curved eyes.. the fire.. tiny arms.. so kyute @_@

sapphire was my first game! the gen 3 games were jsut so important to my childhood, there is a magic to them that no other games hold

thank you for the art compliments, ill def be posting there sooon

ah yes more eeveelutions.... soon the eeveelutionati will reign supreme! :fufu:

Hello =3
    Spoiler:

Do you already know what starter you will be picking for gen 9?
    Which Pokemon did you shiny hunt?

CUTE IMAGEE! eeveelutions unite.. i'm so connected to them i can kind of identify a timeline of my life with each eeveelution to i connected to at the time haha. i was an umbreon kid for sure

definitely sprigatito! i gotta see their later evos before i'm sure though.. sprigatito definitely looks like it has the cutest potential

and i just used to do friend safari hunting in xy. not many singular hunts just whatever i could find out of there! i have really good memories in skype calls with friends hunting in each others safaris.

Welcome fennel! I would say that I completely relate to your middle-schooler self except my terminally online phase happened in my 20s, so it's extra lame, lol :P

Your OCs are adorable though! I would love to see more of your art, and we definitely have plenty of users interested in all things pixel art!

Happy posting and don't hesitate to ask anyone on staff if you have any questions! :D

HAHA we all start somewhere! recently i've started to want to do more pixel art or at least incorporate more pixel brushes so will probs see that soon..

Hi fennelz, nice to meet you! Hope your day is going well!

Also I fully agree with you, Gen 3 was my favourite too!

Also WHOA, I love your art! I'd really suggest making a thread in Artist Studio, I would love to see more of your work!

All in all, welcome to PC, hope you have a good time here!
    (P.S. I heard that Forum Games is a fun section too...)
    tysm!! hoenn4ever..

Years
  • cyndaquil! his dub voice and his curved eyes.. the fire.. tiny arms.. so kyute @_@

sapphire was my first game! the gen 3 games were jsut so important to my childhood, there is a magic to them that no other games hold

thank you for the art compliments, ill def be posting there sooon

Cyndaquil was my starter in Generation 2. A cute pokémon, who evolves into an awesome looking one!
    Such great memories from Generation 3... like my Swampert, just soloing the whole game and plowing through the League on its own... With Surf, Strength, Ice Beam or Earthquake... One hit, KO! Next! Etc... ^^

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Hello and welcome! I see shiny hunter, mind if I ask you for some tips? I might've started a little crazy shiny quest, oops :3

Back