• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginning of a ROM Hacker!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2013
    Hello everyone here at PokeCommunity, I am Maris (Gio), and I am making this thread to introduce myself to you all obviously. Please, if you have any questions or concerns about me at all, please PM me. Or, reply to this thread.

Thank you - Maris

Anyway, hello my name is Going but you can call me Maris. I am a thirteen year old genius in my opinion and strive to experience different things within technology. I m in 7th grade, and I live in Florida, enjoying the beautiful weather. Currently though, it has been training a lot. A couple of days ago I had seen a Pokemon ROM hack, and said "Hey, that looks pretty cool, I think I might try that." After being said, I encountered the poke community which is how I ended up here today. I hope to become a very good ROM Hacker, but oblivious to my best category within it. By this I mean I still must find out weather I m best at Mapping, Scripting, Sprites, etc. Despite this, I am sure that I will find said category and meet wonderful ROM hackers on the way.

Now that we have the ROM Hacking inspiration, etc. over, now a little bit more information about me. I have been roleplaying for a long time in my free time, mostly naruto and fairy tail since I love anime. Sling with this there is bleach, pokemon, etc. I program a little but I wish to get more into it. For I wish to be a computer programmer when I grow up.

Last but not least thank you for dedicating your time into reading this thread.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • :) Welcome, Gio!

I've always wanted to go to the US, but the 10-hour flight kinda spoils the fun for me...
    I hate being in an airplane, the furthest I ever got was Istanbul, Turkey which is 3.5 hours away from Holland. I'm sure I'll visit it someday though ^^

You should check out the Emulation / Rom Hacking Section. I'm sure you already noticed the section, but in case you didn't here it is :)
    The section is moderated by DrFuji, Giradialkia and Karatekid552 so if you have a question about the section, you can ask them!

if you ever need help with anything, just ask around. we're a very helpful community so don't be shy :) everyone is eager to help you out ^^!

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
    Years
  • Hi there fellow rom hacker ^^
    Nice to meet ya I guess Edward Newgate said all the basics but you know always good to greet people XD
    but anyway nice to meet you ask the Staff about important questions and stuff, or me for minor stuff but anyways have fun on PC

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2013
    Thank you both for your warm welcomes towards myself.

@Edward I am happy to say that if your are dedicated to reach the USA, then a 10 hour trip ride will not be as boring. Especially if you sit next to a pretty girl/women.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Haha, welcome to the party buddy! You're in the right place if you want to get into hacking. I hope you can achieve your dream!

I'll see you around, man.

P.S. Sometimes, it's better not to say you're a genius even if you think you are. Best to surprise people instead of seeming like you're showing off, no? :)

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Maris, I like the name. You look like a very dedicated ROM hacker. You're lucky, in Florida and all that. I'm stuck up here where the rain is. I remember going to 7th grade. I hated it. :p

X-Tyranitar

Professional Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Hey Maris, Welcome to Pokecommunity! It's a great place to get into rom hacking for sure. Maybe we could work together. Lol
    PM me if interested;)
    Anyways, welcome bro, sick name by the way!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2013
    Thank you all for welcoming me to PokeCommunity, I already feel like I have been here my entire life. I look forward to maybe even doing different activities with you guys in the future.

P.S. Sometimes, it's better not to say you're a genius even if you think you are. Best to surprise people instead of seeming like you're showing off, no?

@LoudSilence You have taught me a lesson.

Back