• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Berries - I feel so stupid

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2007
    I am pretty new to the GBA pokemon games.
    I keep reading about berries but I have no idea about them at all. I have got my first gym badge and I am on the next gym in the next town.
    Some time along the way I went in a house and a guy mentioned berries.
    But I dont know how to collect them etc.
    Could someone help me please??

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    When you're traveling, you'll often find a bunch of trees (usually 4 are in a row, or 2) and you can pick them from the trees and it will go in your bag. You can put them on a Pokemon to hold (some cure poison, sleep, etc), or use them to make Poffins in Diamond/Pearl.

I could give you more info but I don't know what game you're talking about.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2007
    It is pokemon leaf green.
    I see the grassy areas and then these other bush/tree things but when I walk near them nothing happens, I have tried pressing A and B near them too.

Deranged

Secretly Popular
    Years
  • The only way that I can remember to get berries in LeafGreen is by finding them randomly on the ground - usually in clear patches amongst grassy ares, etc.

There are no trees to find them on.

One thing I would highly recommend is getting yourself a Meowth as soon as possible (first opportunity is South of Cerulean I think). It's Natural ability is Pick Up. As long as you don't ever attatch an item to it, and always keep it in your party you should find that every so often after battles it will have an item attatched to it. Often these are Berries, but other useful items will come your way as well.
    :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2007
    I have no idea,
    the furthest in the collection I got was pokemon yellow and as far as I remember, berries were not in that?
    It has been quite a few years since I played it.

I have no instruction booklet with the game as I bought it used from ebay.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Aw, darn. Guess my info was useless. I thought this was D/P or R/S/E.. lol

Back