• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Animé Debate

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I watch a lot of lesser known Animes, and a lot of more popular ones too I suppose, I say Code Geass for popular and Dragonauts: the Resonance for not as popular.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I watch a lot of lesser known Animes, and a lot of more popular ones too I suppose, I say Code Geass for popular and Dragonauts: the Resonance for not as popular.

The way you classify anime in two groups is already kinda iffy, but come on, Dragonauts is not unpopular, if only for the fact that there's Aya Hirano's voice on it.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
    Samurai Champloo in my opinion. Smack talkin' Mugen, cool and calm Jin, the ever vibrant Fuu... what better character combination could you ask for? Haha!
    It's just too bad it was so short-lived. It was amazing while it lasted though. Action packed scenes, emotional scenes, a dazzling storyline, beautiful animation and artwork on the creators part, and on top of all that it had a great soundtrack.

A true gem of an anime. I'd highly recommend looking into the series if you haven't already. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ^ Is Hirano really that popular? I can see her as well known because of Haruhi but... eh.
    She's the most absolutely overrated seiyuu since, well, ever. I'm not saying she's bad, but her fandom really can be annoying. That said, she actually does some fairly good work in The Daughter of 20 Faces. It's slowly becoming one of my favorite series, it's got such a rich world with a bright and interesting set of characters, and a very unique story.

That out of the way, The Galaxy Railways is still my favorite anime, for pretty much the same reasons I said last time a thread like this came up. Solid characters and an interesting world mixed with a great cast who add an entirely different level of emotion to their roles. That and I love the character designs, I'm a huge fan of the more retro Leiji-Ishinomori character styles. There are some interesting character designs in certain anime, but most of them just can't compare to what I see in these other styles.

I think most of the anime stated here in this thread are actually pretty overrated, some are good, but they always end up dropping the ball somewhere along the way. The only other anime in this thread I would agree with as one of the better anime out there are Dennou Coil and Gurren-Lagann.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    You can seriously tell who hasn't seen that much anime in this thread.

Anyways, I'm going to throw in my vote for Samurai Champloo. It takes two vaguely familiar things - samurai and hip hop, and merges them into a series that's full of energy, lovable characters, funny moments, and the just plain abnormal (the zombie and baseball episodes, I'm looking at you).

If I had to pick a backup, it would probably be a tie between Eureka seveN and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    You can seriously tell who hasn't seen that much anime in this thread.

Anyways, I'm going to throw in my vote for Samurai Champloo. It takes two vaguely familiar things - samurai and hip hop, and merges them into a series that's full of energy, lovable characters, funny moments, and the just plain abnormal (the zombie and baseball episodes, I'm looking at you).

If I had to pick a backup, it would probably be a tie between Eureka seveN and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

^ HURRAY! I like this person, if u added FMA to ure list, u would be my best friend

Back