• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best batton passer

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Ehm.
    Celebi can't Spore, Celebi can't Ingrain, Celebi can't Belly Drum, Celebi can't Mean Look...
    How can you say Celebi is better when it can't put a threat to sleep? How can you say Celebi is better when it can't anchor itself against Roar and Whirlwind? How can you say Celebi is better without it being able to max it's Attack in one move? How can you say Celebi is better when it can't even trap the opponent?

Celebi isn't frail like Smeargle so it can be used more than once, it can take a hit MUCH better and it passes more effectivly as it has the staying power also Celebi BP Celebi is faster and can Recover off any damage it takes. It also has Natural Cure. Seriously it's easy too see.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Ehh...Tyranitar can't Baton Pass, ya' know, and what's an Unbreon?

Anyway, it's true what they say: Jolteon rocks as a Baton Passer. (I've played it as a lead on NB and it did a wonderful job. ^^) You can also outfit it with Wish to provide healing support for your team, although Vaporeon and Umbreon are better suited for that. Personally, I've never been that much into using Celebi, but I've seen the passing that thing can do, and the Natural Cure trait is a nice little bonus that keeps paralysis and other nasty little crippling moves away.

Hypello, Mullet has you beat in this argument, I'm afraid. It's a little something called team synergy: Ninjask or Jolteon start out by giving an initial speed bost, then Umbreon is passed in, preventing hazing and phazing with Taunt and trapping the opponent with Mean Look before passing it on to Smeargle who puts the opponent to sleep and Ingrains then passes on to your average Attack/Sp.Attack boosting passer. With a team full of passers (Which you should have if you want to use Ingrain), there's no point in packing all stat boosting moves on one pokémon as you can freely pass abilities between the members. Hence, the only thing a B-Pass team really needs Smeargle for is Ingrain, everything else can be dealt with by other pokémon with better statlines and more all-around usefulness, so Smeargle is really the passer with least practical value. Can it, even after Belly Drum, actually KO something that hasn't already been relentlessly pummeled by other pokémon? Celebi can. Can Smeargle take even a halfway decent attack (Physical or special) and keep going? Celebi can. Can Smeargle get rid of status problems simply by switching out? Celebi can. Can Smeargle actually be switched in against anything capable of attacking? Celebi can. In the face of this evidence, how can you claim that Smeargle is better?

I mean Umbreon. I was tired when I typed then.

Back