• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Flying type in your opinion.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Out of all of those, I would say Pigeot is my favourite not just because its there, but also overall.

I have a deep appriation towards the orginal 151 for making pokemon what it is, so I'm sort of biased towards Pigeot XD.

Spheal, so are you, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

o_O

Rayquaza is better because:

1.Higher stats.
    2.Looks like a dragon more so than other Poke'mon.
    3.Flys faster, farther, higher and lives longer.
    4. Cool moves like Outrage and Extremespeed.
    5.Would last longer in battle.
    6.Only weakness is ice and ice Poke'mon can be hurt easily with Flamethrower.
    7.Is not affected by weather conditions.
    8.An attack like Hyper Beam paired with it's high Sp. attack capability, and
    SP. stat enhancers could destroy any poke'mon that it would be effective against, or nearly Knock out.
    9.Ledgendary status gives it high rarity, and higher stats.
    10. It is, in terms of stats, the most powerful poke'mon.
    11. It could destroy the elite four without getting damaged at level 100
    12. He is even stronger than Deoxys.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Rayquaza is better because:

1.Higher stats.
    Agread.

2.Looks like a dragon more so than other Poke'mon.
    There Are Many Different Kinds Of Dragons.

3.Flys faster, farther, higher and lives longer.
    That Doesn't Really Matter In The Game.

4. Cool moves like Outrage and Extremespeed.
    Not to Forget Hyper Beam And Crunch!^^

5.Would last longer in battle.
    Can't Argue With That!

6.Only weakness is ice and ice Poke'mon can be hurt easily with Flamethrower.
    Most Ice Pokemon Are Half Water, So I'd Recomend Teaching Your Rayquaza Thunderbolt Of Something Around Those Lines. Also, Rayquaza Is Weak Against Rock And Electricity.

7.Is not affected by weather conditions.
    There Are Cooler Abilities.Take Wonder Guard For Example XD

8.An attack like Hyper Beam paired with it's high Sp. attack capability, and
    SP. stat enhancers could destroy any poke'mon that it would be effective against, or nearly Knock out.
    Well, Actually Hyper Beam Is A Normal Type Attack, So Rayquaza's SP. Attack Wouldmn't Affect It.

9.Ledgendary status gives it high rarity, and higher stats.
    True.

10. It is, in terms of stats, the most powerful poke'mon.
    I Thought Mewtwo Was...I'm Probably Wrong.

11. It could destroy the elite four without getting damaged at level 100
    O.o

12. He is even stronger than Deoxys.
    A Lot Of Pokemon Are.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Uh.. NO.

-_-.

Gyarados owns as a flyer, Skarmory is hell tough, Dodrio > Pidgeot.

Uh, Anything > Rayquaza, Charizard ain't bad either.

Why all the praise to Pidgeot?

Look at it's stats it is severely outclass by Dodrio and Swellow, I personally think Pidgeot is one of the worst flyers available, next to Pelipper...

Dragonite is a great Subpuncher, more useful than anything Pidgot will ever be able to do.

And uh, Mewtwo > Rayquaza/All other pokemon for highest SA in the game.

People, we need clean, straight, FACTS.

Last edited:

So, it's attack is one point higher than it's special attack.

But Attack is Physical and Sp. Attack is Powers I belive.

I have beat the elite four without getting any damage except when the idiots use Fake Out which does two damage to me...

But it is also a dragon type, giving it advatages of learning all elemental moves, My four Rayquazas have different ones, Flamethrower, ThunderBolt, Ice Beam, Crunch.

Oddly Dark moves are effective against rock type.

Steel type/Grass/Bug=Flamethrower.
    Ice/Water=Thunderbolt.
    Dragon/flying/grass/ground=Ice Beam
    Ghost/Psychic.=Crunch
    Fighting/Bug/Grass= Fly.

Not affected much by elemental moves except Ice.
    Immune to ground moves.

Rayquaza looks more like a Dragon, Salemence looks like a mix between a Stegosaurus and has the head of a carnivore. Flygon looks bug-like. Dragonite looks more dragon like, well it's other stages don't though. Latias and Latios look.... odd.

Rayquaza fits the Dragon type better. It is the best of the Ledgendaries.

It's ledgendary status gives it an ability to learn more moves, same as it's Dragon/Flying type.

It all depends on the strategy, but Rayquaza behind a good trainer is unbeatable unless the idiot uses the idiotic stat lowering moves, which just tends to get the person mad, and defeat the person he is going against, using moves such as Shock Wave which never miss.

You could have a level 1 poke'mon that knows fake out ( level 1 poke'mon don't exist.) but if they did, they could beat a level 100 shedinja. and go up 20 levels or so.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    With those four listed (fearow, pidgeot, swellow and noctowl) i'd most likely choose pidgeot

I think Skarmory and Charizard are the best flying types. Skarmory because steel is so stongly defensive against so many types, and charizard because of the range of attacks it can learn.
    Some of the dragons some people listed don't have flying as their first/second type ^^;

Last edited:

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    mew_master said:
    technically pidgeot is supposed to be the best, but i think fearow is better because his attack and speed are higher and can learn mirror move and drill peck. but closely followed are lugia, articuno, raquaza, and skarmory in that order

Actually dodrio beats Fearow in attack

So Dodrio wins

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I like Articuno because its very graceful and sweet. Plus, its one of a kind (I think... o_O) and can use the Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo :P Cheap - I know XD

Furaigon

Flygon iz teh r0x0rz
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Mar 15, 2005
    Togetic is my favorite Pokemon, Togetic is a flying type, therefore IMO the best flying type is Togetic. :P

~Dragonair~

Title? o.o
    Years
    I didn?t know Altaria could learn Earthquake. Zapdos counts as a flying type Pokemon right? If I am talking about the best flying Pokemon or the strongest it must be Lugia because it is pretty hard to take it down.

O

Your Mom
    Years
    _Rayquaza_Adict_ said:
    Rayquaza looks more like a Dragon, Salemence looks like a mix between a Stegosaurus and has the head of a carnivore. Flygon looks bug-like. Dragonite looks more dragon like, well it's other stages don't though. Latias and Latios look.... odd.

There are many dragons. Rayquaza is the one that looks most like an 'Asian' Dragon. Asian Dragons are those big long dangly ones. :p THere are many more types of Dragons.

For me it would be a cross between Pidgeot and Charizard. Pidgeot is that old skool flyer, and the first 151 are the really original Pok?mon. DO you think they can handle a 5th set of Pok?mon after the 4th?

Back