• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best MD Strater

DragonType

The Roller Coaster Enthusiast
Years
  • I just wanted to know, what is your favorite starter? What is also your favorite partner that goes with the starter.
    Mine has to be . . .
    Mudkip and Pikachu or Mudkip and Torchick.
    -Matthew.K

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Treecko and Charmander FTW!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The first truly hard boos is Groudon, so I advise picking Pokemon that will stand well against him.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Mudkip & Pikachu was my team. I'd personally say this is the best team since PMD1 and PMD2 both had alot of fire bosses, and Mudkip can learn Icebeam to deal with flying types and grass types. Not alot of problems if you have Mudkip since it can learn such a wide range of attacks.

Mudkip Moveset: Icebeam, Hydropump, Dig, Return (Max IQ)
    Pikachu Moveset: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Brickbreak, Iron Tail
    ... I think that was the movesets.

Pikachu would of been better as a Torchic, I completely disagree with using grass starters since water can easily beat them with Ice attacks.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Skitty and Mudkip..
    Skitty has good stats ingame, and is quite open where TM's are concerned in both games. And Mudkip's great for covering whatever Skitty can't hit [I.e., Rock Types] thanks to the Type Advantage Master I.Q.
    Together, in both games, this combo has no type disadvantages when it comes to the bosses, and it's also a great duo for dungeon exploring.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I've been Mudkip in both PMD- Blue Rescue Rangers and PMD- Explorers of Time and in both I've had Pikachu as partner in both aswell.

Daynasaurus

Dayna loves Grass types.
    Years
  • Skitty and Mudkip..
    Skitty has good stats ingame, and is quite open where TM's are concerned in both games. And Mudkip's great for covering whatever Skitty can't hit [I.e., Rock Types] thanks to the Type Advantage Master I.Q.
    Together, in both games, this combo has no type disadvantages when it comes to the bosses, and it's also a great duo for dungeon exploring.

Skitty pwns.

I started out as a Mudkip and my partner a Chikorita or something in PMD1, and Mudkip was pretty awesome. But, then I started over and answered the questions truthfully, and became a Skitty, with a Mudkip partner. I just finished the storyline today, and I must say Skitty was teh bomb. Especially with Mudkip as my partner.

I also have PMD2, and I ended up with Totodile, and I am NOT happy with it. I have Chikorita as a partner. Gah, and I don't want to start over 'cause I'm sorta deep into the game. >.<

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Totodile and Torchic.

It's actually very good because a Water/Fire combo blocks off most of each other's weaknesses. Electricity is a bit of a problem though...

pokedude61

PMD and PMD2 player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    For MD 1, it would be mudkip(everyone likes mudkip cause of its resistances) and chikorita(original partner).

For MD 2, it would be chimchar(me) and piplup(partner).

Back