• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Or Worst Pokemon Games?

Will The Remakes Destroy The Original's 'Magic'?

• Yes...A completely bad idea!!! :@

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • No Way!...I can't wait for the Remakes!! :D

Votes: 86 78.9%
  • I not really fussed...I buy everything pokemon!! xD

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    If anyone's like me pokemon gold and silver was sheer magic, personally it topped R/B/Y.

When I heard there was going to be a remake I was overjoyed, yet fearful.

Is anyone else scared there going to take away the magic that was Gold and Silver?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nope. I'm fine with everything that has to do with Pokémon. :3
    Except for Trozei... >>;

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Yeahh me too kinda, I'll deffo be getting it, but its gunna be hard to live up to the expectations that they gave us 10 years ago. Maybe it might just be a modern version with afew more twists, but there was definately something unique about the old ones. I don't know if a modern version would feel the same?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Yeah, thats what i'm hoping too. The games had so many great features; even the small one's made the game what it was. i.e the haircut brothers, ditto breeding, swarms, 'old' kanto, pokegear, god old team rocket. Total revoloutionised the pokemon games.

They done a good job with R/B remakes, so fingers crossed these will be the same. =]

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think it's a new magic,
    compare the pictures from this game to all the previous main games,
    obviously HG/SS had the best pics I've ever seen.[=
    Especially Clair and Morty's Gym and outside of Tin Tower.
    I couldn't use words to explain...
    All I could say is OMG!!
    Believe these games will not disappoint us.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    I hope ur right =]. I'm sure they wouldn't attempt to give us a second class pokemon game, but its got alot to do if it hopes to out do its original, lets hope it does :D

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Well I buy everything that is Pokemon, so I will get it. The commercial has kind of showed me they know what they are doing, for the MOST part. So yeah it'll be great :)

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    I agree, Gold/Silver were by far the perfect work from gamefreak (although i got crystal and got given both gold and silver afterwards), i hope that HG/SS will be just as Magical as the originals but i am obviously getting them:D

Years
    This game will not destroy the old magic of the originals. Nostalgia is nostalgia. There is new magic when it comes to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Some never before seen ideas were put into this game: any Pokemon has the ability to follow you (best idea ever!); menu, pc boxs, pack, etc, are all on the touch screen, you get to see more than just the backpack in the pack section. (You see the back of the trainer wearing the pack.) Updated music of the original game. It kept the nostalgic feel without bleeping noises. There's a new item called a Pokewalker which brings a whole new meaning to the term: Pocket Monster. New areas to explore. Updated Gyms. Some with new puzzles. (Blackthorn gym.) Even though this is a remake, there are still plenty of surprises. These games will be incredible. This game may even make people want to buy the originals for comparisons. Or to feel 100% nostalgia.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I'd be surprised if there was ever a Pokemon game made that was as great as the original Gold and Silver, and a I don't think HGSS will entirely restore that "magic."

That said, I don't think it will destroy it, either. FRLG didn't change my views of the 1st gen at all (nor I like them as much as RBY), and even if HGSS are just "okay," that won't ruin that amazingness of 2nd gen in my eyes.

Ayselipera

No I'm sure it will be just as good as the original.
    I was fully satisfied with FR/LG and if they stick to the same formula I will be satisfied again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I don't know if it's the best or not, but I'm sure it'll surpass the horrors of RSE and DPP. So it can't be the worst.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    best is G/S/C as for the worst, I think it's HG/SS
    I realy don't like remakes for games, especially Pokemon. It ruins it's originality, plus when people get HG/SS they'll forget about the originals, and not play them as much or at all

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    I can see where ur coming from too zero.

Thats my only worry, them games were so original, and thats whjat made them so unique.

I have such a great memory of playing them games, i just hope the remakes don't runin that.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The remakes, even if they were to be terrible, could never destroy G/S/C. That series was just too great to be negatively affected by anything other than themselves.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    wat
    No. If anything, I'll be having total nostalgia moments over seeing everything in remade graphics. "Haha, I remember doing this part so many years ago." D:

I understand where you're coming from, though. The magic for this one will be different, however. If you've played the GSC games before, it'll be experiencing the magic all over again with added on features; while if you've never played the games before, it'll be the magic of playing in a region you've never explored before.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    If you believe that these remakes will take the magic away from the old ones then thats your problem and you need to work that out. I buy everything (except for the latest ranger game) of Pokemon

:t354:TG

Back