• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best possible team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    If you were gonna start over in a first generation game what pokemon would you get. I plan on starting over for fun since me and a few of my friends are and since I have no pokemon yet so I was wondering what is the best possible 6 pokemon combination and moveset. Legendaries included.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Um, there really is no best possible team. Each team has strengths and weaknesses that can be used against them. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    This is sort of an opinion thing. I was kind of hoping for suggestions on what 6 pokemon to level up. I said best possible because some people if they have a tie or one is a little better and the little bit worse pokemon is 60 levels higher they will just go with that one. Can anyone recommend pokemon and their moves?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    Red but I'm not really worried about in game because thats pretty easy I'm mostly looking for a good team to battle my friends.

Zion042

BattleLegend
    Years
  • I'd start mine over and always use Arcanine and Alakazam. These are really strong and hard to deal with in battle especially with recover on Alakazam and double edge on Arcanine. A Blastoise is A good water to choose because of variety of attacks and defense. these are the only ones i like and are really strong other than a Dragonite which is hard to train but well worth the effort. Attack is really high and a hyper beam from him in the 1st gen. is one of the strongest attacks in the game.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    If you want a complete team, go to the Request a Team topic in the Pokémon Strategies and Movesets section. If you just want to know which six Pokémon to use, go to the Simple Q&A topic in the same section, but do not ask for team advice in the game specific sections.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back