• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Starter of all time

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tepig, Torchic, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Charmander. :x Actually, Snivy and Oshawott too. I sorta have a favouritism towards fire/Unova/Johto starters. XD

Sooo if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Tepig purely due to it being a Unova Pokemon and the fact that Emboar is amazingly awesome in-game.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • My favorite is the Turtwig line but honestly i like all of them pretty much the same there is only one i can not stand as long as you don't pick the Chikorita line you have made a good choice

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • You know what? Your choices was awful and I guess I'm going to list down my favourites from Kanto -> Unova;

Kanto: Squirtle, it's might sound seriously weak but it's pretty powerful once it evolves to Wartortle then to Blastoise.

Johto: Chikorita, yes, you probably thought it was really weak, VERY weak. But it's fully evolved form, Meganium. Is a hell of a kick.

Hoenn: Mudkip, it's JUST IRRESISTABLY CUTE <3 AND SWAMPERT IS SO OVERWHELMINGLY AWESOME

Sinnoh: Turtwig, due to it's simplicity and again it's cuteness. Torterra is one hell-of-a-challenge to beat. Still you might want to catch other Pokemon since Turtwig is catchable.

Unova: Oshawatt, no comment, its powerful, Samurott's really sweet

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • (Note that I base my choices off of final evolution in-battle uses.)

From kanto either Venusaur or charizard

From johto I think they all stink in my oppinion but I like typhlosion and meganuim's design.

From hoenn their design are all the best but I usualy only find myself using swampert

From Sinnoh Infernape and Torterra are the best. Icouldn't find a strategy for empoleon that made me happy plus it has crappy design.

From Unova Snivy is SOOOOO cute and has the best of the three's stats in its final form serperior!

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Cyndaquil. Without a doubt my fav. starter, and in fact my fav. pokemon of all time. The hours i spent with it in my Crystal version... (My fav. version XD)

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Here gos my list.

Kanto-Charmander hands down. I tend to love the fire type the most.

Johto- I have to say Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is the definition of cute for me and Typlosion is amazingly powerful. Here's another thing for you. Typlosion is the only fire starter that is a pure fire type.

Hoenn- Treecko wins hands down this region. I love Treecko's design the most. I also love Treecko's moveset.

Sinnoh- Chimchar... I see a pattern here. I must really love the fire starters(Unintentional pun).

Unova- I would say Snivy if it's dreamworld counterpart was given to you instead. However with that being said, I'd actually say Oshawott otherwise. Statwise Oshawott is more well rounded than the other two with a slight preference towards Special attack while Snivy focuses in defense and Tepid focuses in attack. I love Oshawott's design and it's moveset.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • My favorites are Chikorita, Snivy, Oshwatt and Chimchar... but my favorite? That is a tough one. I would have to say Chikorita.

My favorite is the Turtwig line but honestly i like all of them pretty much the same there is only one i can not stand as long as you don't pick the Chikorita line you have made a good choice

Aww. Why is everyone so mean to Chikorita? It is the best starter!

Last edited:

nm legend

Years
  • the best starter has to be Totodile ....it single handedly changed Pokemon forever with it becoming Feraligator ..the most savage Pokemon to ever exist...seriously

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Best Starter of all time

Oh, wait, it has too be main series?

Torterra then. He's awesome.

the best starter has to be Totodile ....it single handedly changed Pokemon forever with it becoming Feraligator ..the most savage Pokemon to ever exist...seriously

Probably a close second.

Last edited:

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • .........TODOTILE!!! all of he's evoultions are amazing and he handles a bit of balanced moveset between normal and water

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    Well its close between squirtle and charmander

There was a time I would have picked squirtle, but now I prefer charmander. I think in gen 1 squirtle is a better choice because having a water pokemon is important and most of them sucked then even if there were so many. Blastoise is also better vs the elite four mostly... Charizard has a much better move pool now though then in the past and is just awesome. So I agree with the first post.

Charizard.

Back