• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best team ever

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    And now, if there aren't going to be any constructive criticism here with support, explanation and evidence, then this is simply the end of the little debate... Someone can simply close this if Latios Tamer or anyone else is/are not going to continue in this argument.

Or if you have decided to rebuild your team/post out your "best" team to show us your true identity as an experienced player, then go ahead... we will be waiting here patiently.

(Lol... if Mana Lugia is here... it will be complete catastrophe on poor Latios Tamer's part)

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    i may not be the best arguer or even the best speller and i know when i say this you're gonna think i'm one of those crazy jews but i wan't this to end so

............................................................... sorry about the acusing you of criticism and the other things like that :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Firequill

Digital Artist
    Years
    umm... aaaaaanyways...

i have my crystal version team:

Articuno - blizzard, ice beam, sky attack, rest - mint berry

ho-oh - sacred fire, psychic, earthquake, recover - soft sand

Lugia - Aeroblast, psychic, hydro pump, recover - sharp beak

Zapdos - thunderbolt, thunder, rain dance, drill peck - magnet

Tyrannitar - crunch, rock slide, earthquake, hyper beam - (im not sure)

Mewtwo - ice beam, psychic, thunder, recover - miracle berry

They are all at level 100. I like to have accurate attacks and powerful attacks. i usually cant stand having pokemon with attacks of the same type. My Zapdos and mewtwo work together... sorta with Zapdos' rain dance and thunder and mewtwo's thunder

Then there's ruby version which i havent considered items for:

Blaziken - blaze kick, sky uppercut, Mirror move, slash

groudon - Eruption, earthquake, slash, solar beam (solar beam and drought, yea)

kyogre - water spout, ice beam, body slam, thunder (thunder and drizzle = yay)

latias - ice beam, psychic, earthquake, recover

latios - ice beam, psychic, thunder, recover

Rayquaza - thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam, hyper beam

weird attacks on Raquaza but they bring in a bunch of type advantages and are accurate! i havent formed a strategy for this team... once again all lv100

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Firequill said:
    umm... aaaaaanyways...

i have my crystal version team:

Articuno - blizzard, ice beam, sky attack, rest - mint berry

ho-oh - sacred fire, psychic, earthquake, recover - soft sand

Lugia - Aeroblast, psychic, hydro pump, recover - sharp beak

Zapdos - thunderbolt, thunder, rain dance, drill peck - magnet

Tyrannitar - crunch, rock slide, earthquake, hyper beam - (im not sure)

Mewtwo - ice beam, psychic, thunder, recover - miracle berry

They are all at level 100. I like to have accurate attacks and powerful attacks. i usually cant stand having pokemon with attacks of the same type. My Zapdos and mewtwo work together... sorta with Zapdos' rain dance and thunder and mewtwo's thunder

Then there's ruby version which i havent considered items for:

Blaziken - blaze kick, sky uppercut, Mirror move, slash

groudon - Eruption, earthquake, slash, solar beam (solar beam and drought, yea)

kyogre - water spout, ice beam, body slam, thunder (thunder and drizzle = yay)

latias - ice beam, psychic, earthquake, recover

latios - ice beam, psychic, thunder, recover

Rayquaza - thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam, hyper beam

weird attacks on Raquaza but they bring in a bunch of type advantages and are accurate! i havent formed a strategy for this team... once again all lv100

and once again, the advanced trainer's guide will help you here... both versions' teams tell me that there are still plenty to be worked on... we always automatically assumed that all Pokemon are at lvl 100 anyways... but by the sound of that statement, pride comes along with it. So I suppose that you went through a lot of hard work training them by battling lots of wild Pokemon to get to such a high level? If what I guessed is true, then read the trainer's guide... as it covers on the common misconception of not using rare candies and fighting wild Pokemon for levels.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    (Lol... if Mana Lugia is here... it will be complete catastrophe on poor Latios Tamer's part)
    You rang? :p Btw, if psypoke is down, use https://pokedex.kary.ca/

blaziken- double kick, sky uppercut, overheat, blaze kick
    Newbie Mistake: Having a flamethrower, Fire spin, Fire blast, Fire punching Charizard is NOT invincibility. It's stupidity.
    Ok, let's start with Blaziken. The dude with the big big hitting and meh meh everything else. No items? That's a bad thing. Overstocking on same type moves? That's pointless too. Let's get rid of Double kick, Blaze kick. A neutral personality won't be fun. Go with Adamant(Explain in a moment). Stick Bulk up over Double kick. What good is Kicking if you have uppercut? Make use of Bulky's def Up, and attach a salac berry, and stick Rock slide over Blaze kick. Rock would run off your attack, Salac will give you extra speed right when you finish bulking up cuz you're almost dead, and Overheat will run off your subtracted spA from adamant to still deal moderate damage, but mainly used for Skarm. Adamant would power up your attack, meaning you do more damage quicker.
    Eg of EV distro: (HP, atk, def, spe, spA, spD)
    16-152-0-200-142-0
    305-345-176-246-261-176

latios- luster purge, dragon claw, fly, psykick
    Newbie Mistake: Fly does not "rock". You fly, they switch, you hit on NVE, they pwn on switch. Worse off, they switch when you fly, they ice beam right after you come down, and you die.
    Latios, unlike his just as weird looking sister, learns Dragon dance. This means that unlike Latias, it might be a physical attacker as opposed to the special sweeper on your team.
    So, making use of Dragon dance...
    Dragon dance, Hidden power Rock, Earthquake, Recover @ Lum berry.
    The dangers of Physical, of course, is Will-o-Wisp, and for recover, Toxic. Lum will give you that one free turn, perhaps to set up to kill. HP rock will kill most things Quake won't do much to, too lazy to find exceptions right now.
    Eg of EV distro:
    148-236-60-64-0-0
    338-302-211-272-266-256

Alternatively, make it the same set as Latias, only its special Attack would be higher, its defense lower.

latias- same as latios
    Obviously, as said above, Latias can't learn purging from its older brother, and let's not even get into "what if incest occurs" scenerios.
    Great, the little ugly thingy that no one likes due to Soul dew. So, as usual, ditch Soul dew to start.
    Calm mind, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Recover @ lum berry/Leftovers (or shell bell).
    Calm mind powers up bolt and Psychic (note spelling, unless your gameboy spelt it wrong too, in which case you can take it to the shop and ask for a refund, hrhr). Recover to get back HP, and lum will cure toxic, for one turn, hopefully it'd be enough. Leftovers/Shell bell is like recover jr.
    Modest is the ability to go here for hard hits, while Timid would be of choice for speed.
    eg of EV distro:
    166-0-16-216-112-0
    342-176-220-310-312-296

rayquaza- extreme speed, thunder, surf, dive
    Newbie Mistake: Thunder has no place on something that doesn't lack SpA, and Dive has no place on anything not called Ludicolo.
    Here, the massive stupid looking Digimon look-alike can shine, but not before others make fun of you to death first. of the 4 pokemon you're using, already 3 are legendary/uber borderline. Luckily for you, we're not battling you. Ray has one gigantic advantage: the "Holy crap what the **** were they thinking" sickness. In other words, its stat distribution are just sick. It can do either Special OR physical sweeping, and is one of the few pokemon who can actually do both... at the same time efficiently. Of course, being overrun by special attackers already (assuming you made Latios a special sweeper, because you have enough physical attackers to follow), make Ray your really cool Dragon dancer! (Adamant, of course)
    Dragon dance, Hidden power Rock/Flying, Earthquake, Flamethrower/Rest@ Lum berry.
    The dangers of Physical, of course, is Will-o-Wisp, and for recover, Toxic. Lum will give you that one free turn, perhaps to set up to kill. HP rock will kill most things Quake won't do much to, but flying gets that yummy STAB. your call here. Flamethrower, of course, is for Steel, aka Skarmory. Rest, on the other hand can cure any side effects you suffer, and let you rest up before a sweep. If resting, Chesto berry would work better.
    Eg of EV distro:
    148-236-60-64-0-0
    388-434-231-242-302-216

flygon- sand-attack, faint attack, earthquake, crunch
    Newbie MistakeFaint attack + Crunch = pointless, especially on something that doesn't even do well with either.
    Ahem, this isn't a joke, right? Good, didn't think so. Flygon, unfortunately, suffers from the "OMFG I AM A LOSER ON LEGEND TEAM" syndrome. In other words, unless you can find a decent reason for it to stay, ditch it. And as of now, I see no reason for it to stay. Unless, of course, you enjoy getting swept by Ice beams.

On the other hand, your team has NO pokemon that can last. Seriously. Perhaps a skarmory? You need a reliable Pseudohazer anyways.
    Spikes, Roar, Rest, Drill peck/Toxic
    Of course, Spikes and roar are "duh, of course" moves on Skarm. Rest is for the stalling aspect, which is why I often use Toxic as opposed to Dpeck (more EVs for defense, no EVs needed for attack). I use a Careful nature (+SpD, -spA)
    Eg of EV distro:
    252-0-70-0-0-188
    334-196-333-276-104-245
    In other words, this is the set with toxic, not drill peck. It stalls, takes hits for you, rests, and stuff. Go nuts. With drill peck, you figure it out, I don't drill on a 196 attack. ever.

salamence- headbutt, scary face, fire blast, dragonbreath
    Newbie Mistake: Scary face is NOT a strategic move. Dragon dance, on the other hand, is.
    Another ice beam prone pokemon. That means, the moment Blaziken goes "cya later", Rejice comes out, fires 5 beams, and wins the game. yeah, seriously. As well, It's a nice combo, Face with Butt (ha ha, bad joke), but seriously though. "Scary face! Ice beam! You die! no butt!" Hence, we go for something a little more lasting. Since you already should have 2 physical and 2 special sweepers, make this like a potpourri thing, or just switch it for a more defensive pokemon.
    Flamethrower, Earthquake/Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Brick Break. Sweeper style material. Of course, all the Salamences I've ever used were dragon dancers (my only, though), but give this thing a hardy perso, and a lum berry or Salac berry, and it should do some damage.
    Eg ev distro:
    160-118-0-156-76-0
    371-335-196-275-275-196
    Of course, more Speed and less SpA might be useful too, in which case get the berry that gives +Atk as opposed to salac berry, perhaps. In any case, it would be a decent all around sweeper, though not excelling at anything nor everything.

======================================
    Rating:
    - First off, you used Lati@s along with Ray. that's 2 borderline and 1 uber material.
    - Next, Salamence and Flygon, an extra 4x ice weakness, bringing your total to 10x.
    - Starting with a sweeper, thought not a great one. (-)
    - No synergy whatsoever. Your team is based on "omfg I have the stats you nub with your strategy can go shove it" which is in itself, a bad strategy, but worse when paired with...
    - Movesets are questionable, and to be honest, they pretty much suck.

10x ice weakness... If was rating out of 100, that alone would make me -70.
    Bad moveset... I'd take off another 70-80.
    Legendary overload, especially when they're bad combination, - 30
    No strat whatsoever... -10

If I was rating this team, it'd get at MOST -90/100.

Also, Frosty and Spike knows lots. Learn from them.

Last edited:
    Years
    My team is
    Lv100,salamence,dragon claw,double-edge,dragonbreath,fly
    Lv100,rayquaza,hyper beam,surf,outrage,fly
    Lv100,groudon,fissure,solarbeam,earthquake,eruption
    Lv100,kingdra,dragon dance,hydro pump,water gun,twister
    Lv100,volbeat,tail glow,quick attack,signal beam,double-edge
    and Lv100,gyarados,hyper beam,hydro pump,bite,dragon rage

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
    Years
    My team kicks ***! I cheated through AR for some TMs that you can not get in the game.

lvl. 100 Espeon, Phycho Boost, Morning Sun, Psychic, Swift
    lvl. 100 Umbreon, Shadow ball, Moon light, Hyper Beam, Faint Atack
    lvl. 100 Shiny Blazikan, Flame thrower, Blaze kick, Sky Uper Cut, Mirror Move
    lvl. 100 Rayquza, Outrage, Hyper beam, Exreem Speed, Fly
    lvl. 100 Latios, Luster Purge, Psychic, Dragon Dance, Recover
    lvl. 100 Jirachi, Doom's Disire, Double Edge, Psychic, Swift

My team ROCKS!

Years
    I don't rate teams but as what Frostweaver said, I now know the difference between a bad move and a good move.

First of all, your Blaziken has two fighting attacks and two fire attacks. Blaziken would be very vulnerable to strong water types like Swampert since you won't have a move that covers his weakness. Try Sky Uppercutting any godd defensed water typed and your doomed.

Latios and Latias in the same team is a horrible thing to do. Both have 4x Weakness to ice making your team very vulnerable to Ice and Water types. I bet your lying since Latias can't learn Luster Purge. ;)

HM slaves are no-nos. One of the best HMs is Surf. It's the only battle-reliable HM. But still, it doesn't cover up Rayquazza's weakness to ice. This makes your team 12x weak to ice.

Sand Attack Flygon? That's more of an insult to me. Slygon has one of the best stats in the game since you can take advantage of its insane speed and attack. Plus, this makes your team 16x weak to ice.

Headbutt? On a salmenace? Now it's 20x weak to ice. Your team could get easily demolished by a Level 100 standard moveset Swampert.

Sorry, but I'm not good at movesets but I'm only good at Team-Balancing. ^^

(don't even think that I insulted you. Your flygon moreover insulted me XD)

Last edited:
    Years
    It says:

Latias: Same as Latios ^^

it's very obvious that he himself rated this thread to 5 stars then along came 2 people (counting me) who gave it one star ^^

I would consider this team as a newbie team... (there are still Newbie teams???!!!!) And I thought they would all end... XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Read the stickied Advanced Trainer's Guide in the Ruby/Sapphire section... the teams by E. Master and Lenny violated manny common mistakes (and the guide will tell you how to fix it and etc).

Also Espeon in E. Master's team has psychoboost which is impossible (even if we count tms, hms, the 4 "mystery" moves or breeding). That is unacceptable on a team.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    E. Master said:
    My team kicks ***! I cheated through AR for some TMs that you can not get in the game.

lvl. 100 Espeon, Phycho Boost, Morning Sun, Psychic, Swift
    lvl. 100 Umbreon, Shadow ball, Moon light, Hyper Beam, Faint Atack
    lvl. 100 Shiny Blazikan, Flame thrower, Blaze Kick, Sky Uper Cut, Mirror Move
    lvl. 100 Rayquza, Outrage, Hyper beam, Exreem Speed, Fly
    lvl. 100 Latios, Luster Purge, Psychic, Dragon Dance, Recover
    lvl. 100 Jirachi, Doom's Disire, Double Edge, Psychic, Swift

My team ROCKS!
    Like I said before, just about any 2 day old n00b could beat the game. If you can beat people in an online simulator then you can say your team rocks, cause honesly this is another "In Game Team" that will get owned.

Lenny911 said:
    My team is
    Lv100,salamence,dragon claw,double-edge,dragonbreath,fly
    Lv100,rayquaza,hyper beam,surf,outrage,fly
    Lv100,groudon,fissure,solarbeam,earthquake,eruption
    Lv100,kingdra,dragon dance,hydro pump,water gun,twister
    Lv100,volbeat,tail glow,quick attack,signal beam,double-edge
    and Lv100,gyarados,hyper beam,hydro pump,bite,dragon rage
    FYI, Dragon Dance Powers up non-Sp moves (Normal, Rock, Ground, Bug, Posion, Flying, Fighting) so I don't see why Kingdra has it with with... Water Gun LMFAO!

This is a total waste of space, I hope Mana doesn't catch any of you ROTFLMAO! Cause you guys need som help XD!

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    don't have to be so blunt... use rofl instead of the other abbreviation for lol, and cut out the "noob"...

instead of laughting at them, why don't you actually post out how those pokemon's moveset should be? That'll make things a bit more constructive and less on insults.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    don't have to be so blunt... use rofl instead of the other abbreviation for lol, and cut out the "noob"...

instead of laughting at them, why don't you actually post out how those pokemon's moveset should be? That'll make things a bit more constructive and less on insults.
    "Noob" wasn't targeted to any here, I was saying any noob could beat the game and its true. All you need to know is what moves are effective against what and your all set.

I was at the library, my time was almost up so I couldn't give all there Pokemon a good moveset =\. Wanted to though, but now I don't feel like it. mainly cause there all packing legendaries which I don't use (all but Groudon and maybe Kyogre).

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
    Gez, you must have a lot of patience to wait for them to reach 80+ levels...unless you cheat, like moi. :D But, my team, if I could get them to level 100, would be made up of these Pokemon: Swampert, Zangoose, Seviper, Gardevoir, Mightyena, Kyougre...or perhaps Salamence instead of Mightyena/Gardevoir. I don't really care for Legendaries...to me they are just tools that you use to be tough...I just use my favorites. *huggles Daggon, her Zangoose*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Arore said:
    Gez, you must have a lot of patience to wait for them to reach 80+ levels...unless you cheat, like moi. :D But, my team, if I could get them to level 100, would be made up of these Pokemon: Swampert, Zangoose, Seviper, Gardevoir, Mightyena, Kyougre...or perhaps Salamence instead of Mightyena/Gardevoir. I don't really care for Legendaries...to me they are just tools that you use to be tough...I just use my favorites. *huggles Daggon, her Zangoose*
    no one trains to lvl 100... everyone should lvl their pokemon up with rare candies. (rare candy > training as long as you have the proper strategy) I mean if you train your way through, then I feel sorry for the EV of your Pokemon...

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    yeah, usually you're better off candying to Lv 100, and then start the training via boxing so you can control the EVs.

Back