• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Video Game Intro?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The purpose of an introduction is to give the player a good first impression and also to fuel their desire to play the game. Some video games have long introductions, and some have short. Which video game, in your opinion, has the best introduction? Why do you think so?

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    My faaaaavourite video game opening is Tales of Destiny 2's opening:

Essentially it's like an opening to an anime, but, I really like how this shows us a breif overview of the game. :3 And for me, it's pretty much the best opening. <3

In general, I do love the opening to all the Tales Games; most notably, ToD2, Tales of Abyss, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Vesperia, etc, etc.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    And final fantasy game? <_< Aha.

The latest games especially, since it's like watching a movie.

TY

Hands down: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

It shows Kerrgians goal and how the Zerg acts. And a giant Battlecruiser collapsing on a planet is just plain awesome.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Hard for me to decide really. This is one of my favorites though.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I've always preferred 2's opening.

Anyway, another favorite.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Agreeing with Shawn here, my favorite openings to games all come from Tales games haha. Vesperia and Destiny top my list, but there are a lot of them. I love it when the incorporate an anime-like opening. It adds the effect that you're partaking in a journey that you've seen on television, if you get what I'm saying haha. I definitely when the developers take the time to perfect an opening and make it a quality one.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Genetic control.
    Information control.
    Emotion control.
    Battlefield control.
    Everything's monitored... and kept under control.
    War... has changed.

MGS4 is one of my favorite game openings. Most war games like CoD, Battlefield, ect. glorify war and the patriotic violence and such. MGS4 takes a more somber tone saying that people have become grossly efficient at killing each other to the point of being machine-like, and are generally becoming robotic in nature when it comes to war.

Back