• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best way to catch a Chansey? (FireRed)

thread_killer

It's a gift.
    Years
    So for the past week my blood pressure has been slowly rising due to the phrase: "Wild CHANSEY fled!". Is there some strategy to catching this *****? Bait? Rocks? Baseball bat?

My mission in FireRed is to get a Chansey and teach it Seismic Toss and send it over to Pearl, but if someone would be so kind just to trade me one in Pearl, I would do you many sexual favors in return.

So, please for the love of God, help me before it's too late. (And by too late, I honestly mean that I will commit suicide sometime over the course of this week if I haven't got a Chansey).

Thank you.

Roihu

In America
    Years
    There is only the way of luck.
    Just throw a safari ball and hope for the best.
    Anything else and it'll likely run away...

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I caught mine by just chucking Safari Balls whenever I saw one. Baiting and Rocking them got to complicated, and I hated to think that I was messing up my chances, or making her want to run. The one I finally caught, I threw at least six balls at before succeeding. It boils down to luck.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    So for the past week my blood pressure has been slowly rising due to the phrase: "Wild CHANSEY fled!". Is there some strategy to catching this *****? Bait? Rocks? Baseball bat?

My mission in FireRed is to get a Chansey and teach it Seismic Toss and send it over to Pearl, but if someone would be so kind just to trade me one in Pearl, I would do you many sexual favors in return.

So, please for the love of God, help me before it's too late. (And by too late, I honestly mean that I will commit suicide sometime over the course of this week if I haven't got a Chansey).

Thank you.

Dude, this is almost word-for-word what was going through my mind after about 3 weeks of trying to catch a Chansey on my FR game..eh..without the "Sexual Favors" part xD

Seriously, I wish I could help you, but to be honest, I eventually just gave up because it was too damn complicated =/

Sorry...

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
    Yeah... Chanseys are a pain... them and Kangaskhans...
    My brother was lucky to catch one, then immediately traded it to a friend for Porygon, like, the next day [ >:O ], and now it's a Blissey, up somewhere around lvl 65.

So, here's my trick for rares in the Safari Zone. Doesn't always work, but you can try it.
    Find a Chansey. Throw a Ball. If it don't work, throw bait or rock. Then if it doesn't run, throw another ball. Repeat.

Good luck :)

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Well dude, you better off raising a Happiny to a Chansey in pearl(rather to deal with stress of catching one) , but if you really want to teach it Seismic Toss in Firered, then by all means, don't kill yourself from waiting, have patience, and dont waste throwing rocks, it just scares them off faster, use just one bait, and catch them like theres no tomorrow. And somehow you might manage. Thats how i caught one, but i dont know if it was luck either, i manage to catch her after 2 tries.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    There is only the way of luck.
    Just throw a safari ball and hope for the best.
    Anything else and it'll likely run away...

Agree with you 100%
    I only catched my Chancey by Luck,
    When It appeared I threw the ball and when the Ball waggles,
    I pressed A, B , R, L, Start and Select at the same time (Of Course It was a GBA)
    then after 6 Chancey's appearing I manage to caught 1 and 23 Paras/ect
    so that means I just pushed all the buttons at the same time!
    Though I don't think It will work on you though,
    because well It may become Glitchy and stuffs, It litterally means it's risky, seriously Don't try it..
    that's the reason I got My Chancey a the 1st Place and it still not evolved...*groans*

Oscuridad

Raikou owns!
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I could give you a Chansey with that move. Just give me your FC. And I don't want sexual favors for it. xB

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    when you get it, teach the your chansey seismic toss, breed it like crazy =P

Back