• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Best way to edit existing CFRU ROM hacks like Pokemon Unbound

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    I am trying to edit Pokemon Unbound rom. I wanted to increase the level caps to my liking, change pokemon gym leaders and set all battle to double battler. Using HTE I beleive I may be able to change ttrainer pokemons. But, for exp caps I think I need to make some internal changes in the rom. What would be the best way to do it?

There are decomp rom of Pokemon emerald and pokemon firered. Can we have same decomp for some rom hacks like pokemon unbound. While researchig this, some people were asking how can we use Pokemon unbound as base rom. I was not able to find any good answer to this. Is it possible to use existing CFRU rom as a base rom, if yes then how can we do it?

Also, I tried opening Pokemon unbound on Advance map, but even though the map names and overall region map was displayed, internal maps were not getting loaded. I believe it is something to do with CFRU. Can we remove CFRU and then edit the rom and then again insert it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    Unbound was made with CFRU. So if you insert CFRU to your ROM, then you can do things such as increase the level cap. But changing the Gym Leaders is not something done by CFRU. You need to insert a new OW, and then attach a new script to it. Give a new team. If you want, a new gym map. Also, why would you want to edit Unbound? If you remove CFRU (somehow) then most of the features won't function.

Back