• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best way to get a wailord?

AlexPokemon

o noez.
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2008
    AAAAARGH! Catching regice!

Origianally called 'Best way to get a wailord?'

New question
    grarr... New question. Why can't I catch regice? I have it on as low as I can get hp (pretty much unseeable) and it won't catch! Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to increase my chances?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • First off, wailord epicly fails IMO. but to get it, go to mossdeep city, get the super rod, and from there, fish for one at a fairly high level and train it to level 40. though I'd hold off evolution until lv. 41 to get water spout.

AlexPokemon

o noez.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2008
    grarr... New question. Why can't I catch regice? I have it on as low as I can get hp (pretty much unseeable) and it won't catch! Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to increase my chances?

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • grarr... New question. Why can't I catch regice? I have it on as low as I can get hp (pretty much unseeable) and it won't catch! Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to increase my chances?

There are many things affecting whether you can catch a Pokémon or not. Right no, I came up with this list:
    - The catch ratio of the Pokémon you're trying to catch (for Regice, this is naturally pretty low)
    - The ball you're using & the things related to it
    - HP (this was OK in your situation)
    - Status (I think PRZ and SLP are the safest statuses, but I can't say if they're the most efficient ones)
    - Luck. I've caught my Rayquaza inside a Luxury Ball, which has the same catch ratio a Poké Ball has.

Hope you'll figure out the problem with this list. If I forgot something, please somebody tell me.

AlexPokemon

o noez.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2008
    Heh it's alright I caught it. Now another question, most likely my last.
    Is there an easy way to determine where Latias/os can be caught?

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • Heh it's alright I caught it. Now another question, most likely my last.
    Is there an easy way to determine where Latias/os can be caught?

By checking your Pokédex, of course.

There was an easy way how to encounter Lati@s. I can't remember where it was precisely, so I can't link to it. However, it involved an Acro Bike, a Max Repel, a heavy enough object to hold the B button pressed, and lots of time. I think it said that you should use the Repel, get onto your bike, then go into a patch of grass and set up the object so that you are hopping with the bike. After some time (short or long) the battle begins.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    For Latios I beat the Weak 5 and then I went to the trick house and went on the road underneath the cycle road got to a certain point in the tall grass and Latios appeared first time because my mate found it in the same place but he forgot to caught it and it was in the same place. Good luck with your search for Latios/as.
    Bye for now.

Years
  • I forget the place, but go to a place where there's a house/building near a patch of grass. Bring LOTS of Max Repels with you. Use a max repel, enter the grass, if there's no battle, go back in the house, walk back out, no battle, keep doing over and over. Make sure to do this in a place where Pokemon are low level, and where your first Pokemon in your lineup is about the same level as Lati@s. Then just chuck that Master Ball. :D

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
  • instead of looking for a wailord (which is extremely hard), just catch a high leveled wailmer and give it rare cadies until it evolves.

I once found and caught a level 43 wailmer and still have it today.

The Chuckle Squad

We're watchin' you...
    Years
  • Actually, that question got old quite a while ago. I think AlexPokemon tried to change the title, though, but didn't manage to change it.

instead of looking for a wailord (which is extremely hard), just catch a high leveled wailmer and give it rare cadies until it evolves.

I once found and caught a level 43 wailmer and still have it today.
    That's the point that I was trying to prove. -_-

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Origianally called 'Best way to get a wailord?'

New question
    Use a Timer Ball after you drag the battle horribly long. It should work. I always use a Timer Ball for legendaries. It's my Poké Ball of choice when it comes to capturing static legendaries (as opposed to roaming ones).

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I recommend you put it to sleep and try to get a Pokemon with False Swipe to put it at 1hp indefinitely. From that point on, through Ultra Balls until you get him to wiggle inside.

Years
  • A Smeargle is one of the best catching Pokemon.

Smeargle
    -False Swipe
    -Spore
    -Mean Look
    -Thunderwave

Mean Look makes them not escape, Spore is 100% accuracy sure to cause sleep, False Swipe until 1 HP, Thunderwave is a filler just in case, you could put something else in, just make it a damaging move that won't defeat the Pokemon, or a status inflicter that won't drag down the enemy's HP.

Back