• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Best way to get Shiny Charmander?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2019
    Hi, I'm new to this but I'd really like a Shiny Charmander and I'm just looking for some advice on how to go about getting one. I have OR and Y along with poke bank.

Thanks in advance ✌

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I would suggest breeding it with a ditto or charmander from a different region than yourself. So if your Charmander is from the US, trade for a ditto/charmander from like Spain or Japan. From there, just keep hatching eggs and eventually you'll get one.

Years
  • Masuda Method is the best (and I think It's the only too).
    Just keep breeding charmander with any pokemon that's from another region.
    Keep hatching eggs until you find the shiny.

Some Tips:
    1: The battle resort is also the breeding resort, there is a day-care, and you can just push the "up" button, (Just go there, and you will understand) (After Elite four)
    2: Have a pokemon that has the abillity "Magma Armor" or "Flame Body" first in your party, this will reduce the time it takes to hatch an egg.
    3:Use O-power, this will reduce too the time it takes to hatch an egg.

Happy shiny hunting!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • 1. Obtain a member of the Charmander line and Ditto from two different regions.
    2. Complete the National Dex for the Shiny Charm.
    3. Obtain a Pokémon with Flame Body.
    4. Obtain Hatching O-Power level 3.
    5. Head to the Battle Resort's Day Care.
    6. Breed like no tomorrow. Running on all cylinders should let you hatch 5x eggs every 3 minutes.

Alternate method:
    Ask someone for a spare shiny Charmander.

I haven't tried for Charmander yet, but I've hatched shiny versions of Chikorita, Totodile, Torchic, Froakie, Eevee, Ralts, Skorupi, Durant, amongst others I can't remember.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2019
    Ok thanks for the help guys. Since I reset my game with all starters and a couple legendaries from previous playthrough I need to progress the game a bit beforehand by the looks of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    OP if u are going for that, i suggest u go through all the basics like IVs, (hidden) abilities and everstone for the desired nature, make a shiny that is worth having.
    Grind both parents with very good IVs (among IVs you want speed over anything if u go for speed nature, each point can determine the priority), you also want egg moves as well like dragon dance.

You know the shiny is always the same odd even if u didnt prepare for a competitive pokemon, but if u did prepare to breed a competitive pokemon, its value almost cant compare with a regular shiny.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Took me ages to get my Shiny Charmander (5IV Timid) mustve been 800+ eggs. Make sure you are all set for breeding first and having a complete dex for the shiny charm is an added bonus.

I did get an accidental 5IV one when breeding for a decent Charmander for Mega Charizard X but he had rubbish nature and IV's for either Mega Charizard X/Y.

If you want it badly then just with it. The main thing with any shiny breeding it to mix it up so you dont burn out.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I could breed you one or give you one of the spares I have lying around?
    Or if you really want it to have your trainer info. I can trade you a charmander egg that'll hatch shiny in your game.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hi Hackmon master

umm what?
    Which part of that says I Hack?
    Having a shiny charmander isn't that rare. I've been breeding and collecting pokemon since it was first introduced in Gen II.
    Everyone used to love Black Charizard. So I've breed 1000s of charmander.

Or if it's for my offer to give him/her an egg that'll be shiny in there game. That's what TSV and ESV'S are for in this generation. I'm just willing to breed till I get an egg with the correct value.

I've been on this website on and off for 6 years. Never once traded a hack.

So maybe don't go around calling hacks at everything because you're not willing to put in the effort to do it

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2019
    I could breed you one or give you one of the spares I have lying around?
    Or if you really want it to have your trainer info. I can trade you a charmander egg that'll hatch shiny in your game.
    Hey, if you could that would be awesome, been trying to find someone to trade one of my spare events for but had no joy!

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • me would like one, too. but only if you really have a spare one? i really love black charmander :-P

Does he stay black when mega evolving to charizard y?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2019
    me would like one, too. but only if you really have a spare one? i really love black charmander :-P

I think Charmander shiny is a kind of gold colour, only charizard is black. I'm not sure if it changes colour from mega evolution, I wouldn't have thought so.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • me would like one, too. but only if you really have a spare one? i really love black charmander :-P

Shiny charmander is gold.
    Shiny charmeleon is gold
    Shiny charizard is black
    Shiny charizard x is green
    Shiny charizard y is purple

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • That's cool :D

Best way to get Shiny Charmander?