• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best way to raise pokemon?....Need Help PLease

Lj2k5

Angemon, I Choose You
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2005
    My friends and I are so exited about the release of fire red and leaf green. But I could never ever beat them in any previous games and I want that to change. When I look at some of the stats of pokemon on the forum and on my friends pokemon they are outrageous. Is there some secret or something that everyone knows about? I heard something about a macho brace? How do I use that? Please someone help because when the new games come out I want to be the best.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It's called EV training. Read the Advanced Trainer Guide in the Strategy and Movesets forum for a detailed description of it.

As for the Macho Brace, that just doubles the amount of EVs you gain from a battle. It just speeds the EV training process up. For example: You fight a Tentacool and normally it gives you 1 EV point. Equip the Macho Brace and you'll get 2 points instead. You're still limited to 255 EVs per stat and a maximum of 510 total.

If any of that confuses you, just read the Advanced Trainer Guide in the Movesets forum.

And you might also want to strip-search them for a Gameshark...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2004
    wats an EV point and wat do they do?

cuz i have ruby and i have a macho brasce but i dont kno wat it does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • EVs and EV Training are explained in the Advanced Strategy Guide. Even the RSE FAQ stickied in this forum talks of EV in a very detailed manner. Please read before asking again ^_^;

Back