• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BF3 vs. MW3 - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Okay, so Battlefield 3 versus Modern Warfare 3, what do you guys think?

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I think until i've played both (which I haven't) I can't judge much

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Battlefield 2, and Counter-Strike. :)

Of those two, definitely Battlefield 3 though.

Years
  • This is a rather amusing video, but regardless, it was pretty much my reaction.

As far as COD goes, I am bored of the series now and it just isn't fun for me anymore, I just get angry. The trailer for BF3 just looks so, so fun!​

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • After playing the BF3 open beta, I'm generally happy about it despite it being Rush (a boring game mode) on Metro (a linear, camptastic map with no vehicles.)

Only gripe is the Battle Log.

Seriously, can't a game have its social elements separate from the core game?
    Can't BF3 have an in-game server browser?
    Can't we access the game options without connecting to a server first?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2011
    I think that these two games each have their good and bad points and they are equally the same.

So I don't know which to chose out of the two :l

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I have been a COD fan since COD 2 on the 360 and have faithfully played every entry in the series until Black Ops (which I skipped due to have no money at the time). And I have to say the series has gotten progressively worse in my opinion. The games are not as fun as they used to be and frankly I have not enjoyed playing online all that much anymore.

That being said I have reserved Battlefield 3. The inclusion of vehicles is a huge plus and it seems the developers have thrown enough toys into the game to make it worthwhile. It has potential and that is more than I can say for MW3 which doesn't seem all that different from MW2 (which wasn't that different from MW1).

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • So has anyone else played the BF3 open beta?

After joining the password locked Caspian Border servers, I must say... this really is Battlefield. Rush on Metro is a poor representation of what the game is about.

ShockGazm

Breaking Benjamin are Gods!
    Years
  • Okay, so Battlefield 3 versus Modern Warfare 3, what do you guys think?

Why? .. Just why .. It's obvious that BF3 is 1000 x better. BF3 takes skill, there's a lot in the game and it's actually fun.

Meanwhile in Infinity wards
    (Activisions) crib they're about to release a Boring, lame, nothing new, depressive, easy, pointless, God awfull, stupid game. This game needs to be burned in hell! Especially at the prices they charge for DLC (Which most of the time isn't that good) and the fact it's a waste of money .. I'll probrobly still get it though :L

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I just did an article on it in my Journalism class...hands down BF3 will reign supreme. MW3 will just be yet another replay of previous games.

Whos downloaded the BF3 demo yet??!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Downloaded the beta for BF3 and didn't like it all that much. Feels like more of the same from Bad Company 2 with just nicer looking graphics. The gameplay just feels too slow for me. I'm also completely hating the way DICE and EA's are advertising their game. It's nothing more than bashing the rival product, completely immature, which is rather odd considering the BF players are generally more mature than the CoD community. Funny how that works.

I'll stick with MW3, which I know I'll enjoy as I've enjoyed the previous titles. The graphics look nice and the gameplay is still what I love.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Downloaded the beta for BF3 and didn't like it all that much. Feels like more of the same from Bad Company 2 with just nicer looking graphics. The gameplay just feels too slow for me. I'm also completely hating the way DICE and EA's are advertising their game. It's nothing more than bashing the rival product, completely immature, which is rather odd considering the BF players are generally more mature than the CoD community. Funny how that works.

I'll stick with MW3, which I know I'll enjoy as I've enjoyed the previous titles. The graphics look nice and the gameplay is still what I love.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I've got MW3 pre-ordered already and I might get BF3. Got the money for it but it doesn't seem all the great. Played CoD before so I know it's good.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • To be honest, i'm siding with BF3 because MW3 just looks like another MW2 but different, and its just playing the same CoD game all over again. Nothing's completely changed, things have been rearranged slightly so that that game seems more "fresh" and it still will never be as great as CoD4 was. BF3 is polished and will be a great game when it finally releases. It's got amazing graphics, more realistic gameplay than MW3, a great combination of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor, and overall is much better than MW3 in my opinion. I used to love CoD, but it's just been going downhill lately with the direction Activision has been taking it. DICE on the other hand has been doing a great job with improving their games, and I have never been disappointed by any of the games DICE has released so far.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • hands down BF3.

The visuals, the game play, the maps.. all make for a much better game experience.

I've played the beta since the 2-day early release and even on the Caspian Border pass-protected servers and, while the beta itself has 'beta' issues, the game is AWESOME. the HUGE maps (no, not metro), destruction, JETS (yay) and prone make it superior to any current or future release of MW.

Can't wait for the release date.. its gonna be insane!

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    WOW! I haven seen this post in forever! But personally, I am going all out, hands down, NO QUESTION Battlefield 3. It is just too good, and so much better than the Modern Warfare 2 remake, Modern Warfare 3. But, I think that BF:BC2 is just a touch more nostalgic, and I like that it isn't as mainstream as BF3 is now. But BF3 ALL THE WAY!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back