• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Biased against Normal-Type's?

Ingo

Fire Breather Dick
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    Invest in Porygon2 with eviolite. Every attack short of Superpower/close combat is as if its not very effective. Sp atk may not be the most damaging, but you have recover, many options of moveset, and stalling ability, who needs extremely good sp atk?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The only time I ever had a Pure Normal type on my team was in Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal and Soul Silver; I've used either Grandbull or Wigglytuff. Other than that the Half normal type Pokemon I would use is if they have a Flying type to it such as Pidgeot, Staraptar and Unfezant.

:t354:TG

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    yea i never really used an normal type pkmns either.

besides togekiss (which is flying as well) and kangaskhan.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Normal-types lack an advantage over other types, but their movepools are often wide, so I still consider them useful.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    LMFAO. Racist? I'm uhh, gonna changed that to biased, since that kinda...gives people a weird impression. But anyway, I love using Normal types. They're really versatile with TMs. Not the best learn sets most of the time, but with the long list of TM possibilities, you can get them to do a good job.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    It depends. For casual, yes I use a wide variety of types. If I decided to make a competitive team, I might or might not have one. My favorites are typically the Ice Types though, so maybe I'm a little biased against them.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Normal types are probably not used that often because they lack coverage in their own STAB moves. [If that makes sense ;;] They're resisted by Steel and are useless against Ghosts. But they do have incredibly large movepools, especially normal-types such as Blissey, Chansey, Linoone, Granbull etc. :>

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I use Normal types even less than bug types (Which for me is saying something). I'm not against them I just don't use them as they have no STAB and sometimes I didn't know they were a normal type (Example: Starly always thought it was pure flying along with the rest of the starting bird pokemon families)

Kazimoto

Vanishing Act
    Years
    I used to use them toward the beginning of the game. Most of them get outmatched fairly quickly.
    I used to have a really tough Snorlax though.

Back