• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS IN THESE GAMES~*!*~

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    How there is 8 gyms.Why don't they ever have more without........the gyms in general disappoint me come to think about it.

ShadowKaiserin

Midnight Trainer
    Years

the disgusting excuse for Kanto.
    Mt. Moon was butchered, Rock tunnel was butchered, Cerulean Cave was taken out, as well as viridian forest and the seafoam islands. A volcano blew up in Cinnabar(it still blew up in HG/SS sadly) and took out everything except for the damn PC. Do I need to say more?

What the hell did they do to Viridian forest??? It is now a laughable excuse for a hedge maze! I liked having the punch moves though, it meant my typhlosion could have some well needed protection from the water types in the game with thunderpunch. Also, Misty's new hair made me sad. She didn't look like misty anymore.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Like others have mentioned, the level curve was annoying (as I noted after beating Lance, the first member of the Elite Four in RBY had higher-level Pokémon than him), but the way that Kanto was watered down made me sad. ]: All those dungeons I was hoping to re-explore, including Silph and the Pokémon Tower were either watered down or closed off. >_<

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The ones that disappointed me the most were:

-Leveling curve - It wasn't such a problem at first, but once I entered Mohagony Town I noticed how the Pokemon were in the 20's. Past that it was pretty bad.

-Watered-down Kanto - I didn't mind the smaller Mt.Moon and Rock Tunnel, probably because I disliked them in the original, but Viridian Forest and Cinnabar town were better before. Lack of Cerulean Cave didn't help.

I also disliked not being able to battle Giovanni, but they fixed that. :D

Aurajade

Loving NGE!
    Years
    Kanto.
    Poor Mewtwo was taken out!
    And the lack of legendary Pokwmon in kanto.
    NONE.
    Not even Mew....
    Thank goodness it's in Heartgold and Soulsliver!
    And no villian's or anything in Kanto!

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    Yeah in GSC they kinda just shoved kanto in. I did enjoy the new mount moon set up primarily because of the dancing Pokemon. Rock tunnel was kinda a let down. I really didn't mind the lack of kanto physical challenges (viridian forestm, rock tunnel, ect) because that wans't sposed to be hard, it was going to be extra stuff.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    My main problem was with Kanto, which was a feature I absolutely adored; but I think a bit more storyline could have been incorporated into it. I realize there are limits to how much of Kanto could be in, but the watered down version did disappoint me a bit. ;~;

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    My biggest disappointment is the glitches.

Right .
    In my Crystal , somehow lostall my Key Items and had to delete my ROM.....

Also , the fact that they removed the pretty unknown dungeon.... sometimes Nintendo just gets Crazy.... Good Mew2 is back in HGSS !

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Watered down kanto. I also didn't like GS's slightly remixed tune either for kanto and the Johto music didn't grab me back then.

I like SS remixed tunes though and the johto music sounds alot better now.

Years
    Apart from the leveling curve there isn't much I can fault about this game coz it's all needless nitpicking. I love Silver and I'm not ashamed to say I'm a fanboy of it that has the nostalgia goggles firmly on. But a few missing tms or the watered down Kanto thats nothing I remembered being amazed (at ten years of age) that Kanto was there in the first place.

But I do believe in fair criticism for actual disapointments but I do feel we complain alot on here needlessly.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    The method to get Porygon was HE[ck]! The slots drove you insane, and you had to spend every last bit of your money if you wanted to rack up 9999 coins! Gah, why does my favorite pokémon have to be so hard to get? Worst yet, by the time I got it in Crystal, my game battery freaking DIES! :[

That, and the under-leveled pokes of the second generation. At least I managed to level Typflosion to 100.

Ayselipera

The fact that a lot of the johto pokemon were only available in Kanto or after the Elite four. Like Murkrow, Houndoom, Lavitar, etc.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    There wasn't very much about that game that disappointed me. I think really, the only thing that disappointed me was how they turned Kanto's graveyard thing into a radio tower. That kind of disappointed me in itself. But that's really it. I loved and enjoyed the whole game more so than I did any of the others.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
    Finding out that my battery eventually would run dry, not to long ago. I have around 12 lvl 100 or something atm, but I know that will be over soon.

Back