• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bisharp's Sprite Gallery

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
Years
Hey everyone, it's Bisharp here! :D
I'm going to display some of my pixel art of epicness here.
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THESE SPRITES WITHOUT PERMISSION!

Trainers
butteru.png
matryoshka.png
kris.gif
brs_saku_bloss.png

VS sprites
brs_hina.png
blossmug.png

Fakemon/Revamps of Pokemon

COMING SOON~

Other Video Game styled sprites (Ex.= Castlevenia styled Pikachu, etc.)

COMING SOON~

Customs
defoko.png
eliza.png
blo.png

*I made this for someone on Gaia online, so it has my name on it to prevent theft.

More to be added later!

Tell me what you think! I dislike a dead thread. D:

Last edited:

Somni

Robot Assassin
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
I think you're going in the right direction with the trainer sprites. I suggest using more highlights and shadows on them so they are rendered. Their clothing is only one color and it makes it feel flat.

Kubone

~ ku ku ku boneeee *
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
I suggest more black on the trainer sprites. We need borders.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I think you're going in the right direction with the trainer sprites. I suggest using more highlights and shadows on them so they are rendered. Their clothing is only one color and it makes it feel flat.

I suggest more black on the trainer sprites. We need borders.

What both of these fine members said. Everything feels... flat. The lack of borders doesn't help matters either. I suggest studying the actual sprites from the games more and seeing how they're put together. Despite being 2D, they an incredible amount of detail within such a small sprite.

They have multiple tones to their clothing and the borders help them look less dull. But as Somni said, you are definitely going in the right direction!

Years
You're making a great start by editing sprites and making fusions. You should work on your palettes and lineart for starters. I'm mostly referring to these two sprites here:
matryoshka.png

As you can see in the first sprite, the bright, lime green is very harsh on her. If you take a look at official sprites, you can see that they have quite a bit of contrast.
Spr_BW_Skyla.png
Spr_BW_Lenora.png

Here is my edit.
w3db7.jpg

I focused only on the pants for my example.

1. This is your original.

2. Fixing up the palettes, some of the outline. Take note of how you had 5 colours and I changed it to 3. You don't need a lot of colours to make something big, so you should reuse colours that work as well.

3. Making some more edits, and since she's a female with (assuming they are) baggy pants, then she should have smaller legs. It's not perfect, but it'll do.

Take notes on my criticism, and try applying it to your current or new sprites! Keep spriting!

Back