• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Bolt's art

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
Alright so are some of my sprites
some are not the best because i was new to sprting

Fusions
i made some of the worst fusions that some didnt make sense but im not going to post it here
Spoiler:

im giving up fusion
if i ever make a fusion well ill post them here
but im not going to fuse really

Vs Sprites
(Im pretty sure im not the only one doing pokemon Vs Sprites

Spoiler:

focusing on vs sprites right now

The rest of my "bad" sprites are here, but this link is broken (shame on me)

Last edited:

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
To do spoilers you use [spoiler*][/spoiler] without the *
As for the fusions,in some you're working where you don't have space (Caterpie/Throh,Caterpie/Sawk,Serperior/Emboar?),you shouldn't do this,this will either make the sprite cramped or too plain.
In the Dragonite/Dragonair/Empoleon one,some outlines are too bright and there's a color clash on the hand.
I really liked the Exploud/Torkoal and the Accelgor/Escavalier ones though
Hope I helped

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
I agree that some look a bit crammed, particularly the palkia/dialga/giratina one. Also there are a couple elements that you flipped without reshading, so they look funky, for example, the smoke in the Exploud one, the top right cloud has the darker side on top, but then the one at the bottom has the darker side at the bottom, like it should be.
The same kind of goes for the tail on the Tropius/Moltres one, however fire has a little more room for artistic license, because even tho all of Moltres' fire starts orange, goes brightest yellow and then flares into darker red, Emboar's fire that you also used is just 2 toned, so there isnt a ser rule on it

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
cancelled ho oh for now

updated 2 new sprites
2ii8ufb.png

25f0fvr.png
28wok1.png

oh and i got rid of the vs bar
for some reason it looks ugly and it takes me a while to get it up

starting next month (or the month after) im thinking about doing wild card vs sprite
out of random, i will choose a cancelled (not the one being worked on or took a break) sprite ill decide to do
it may not look good or might take a while but at least it's another vs sprite

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Let's see

I love how this one came out, the coloring and shading is done very well on this one. As for the size, I think it is kind of small. I think you could have added a bit more room for Drapion

These are good too I think for these two you can work on the shading more on their wings, Also how come the Latias and Latios are different in size? Shouldn't VS pictures have the same size all the time? (I'm not sure about this but most of the ones I've seen are the same size).

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
the VS sprites are all really sick, the regi's look a bit off slant? Im not sure though, never made VS sprites before ^_^

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
the VS sprites are all really sick, the regi's look a bit off slant? Im not sure though, never made VS sprites before ^_^
regirock looks fine to me
registell er..... i dont know
regice... yeah its a bit off

anyways

im guessing im starting wild card month this month
1zte0z.png

VS Reshiram
Why it was cancelled:
1. Very detailed ( i would've finished 2 VS sprites by then)
2. It's White (i cant stand white even if its one of my fav colors -_-)

2 new spritey sprite sprites
1zbrsqx.png
fz3p68.png

yea serperior looks small i might update that
hard times with groudon also

i may make ujustments on some pokemon (or however you spell that word >_<)
and update them just like zekrom gallade and gary the garchomp
THAT'S IT! I WILL NAME MY GARCHOMP GARY!

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
Wild card month #2!
2cq1eh5.png

VS Zekrom V3

u4ksm.jpg

VS Gliscor

awww
no comments?

These are good too I think for these two you can work on the shading more on their wings, Also how come the Latias and Latios are different in size? Shouldn't VS pictures have the same size all the time? (I'm not sure about this but most of the ones I've seen are the same size).

:t354:TG

These pokemon come in different sizes
i just assume the size usually
ive seen other VS sprites and theyre all different sizes :/
If you know [from bulbapedia] that latias is smaller than latios

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2011
Most of your Fusions are really good there's only one that's really clumpy that's the giratina, palkia thing
your Vs sprites are good your Regi rock is the best some need work but overall great stuff :)

Kao

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
You can improve on the VS's sprites, make the lines more rounded, spend some more time on each sprite making it not so blocky, at the moment its very obvious that you've just re-sized them and attempted to fix each sprite.

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
These fusions aren't half bad. The VS. sprites are pretty cool but they need some work. Most of them look like they were drawn while you were cold and shaking. :p Regirock looks amazing though! It is almost perfect along with Regice. Latios and Latias also look pretty good. I love you fusion of Ariados and Galvauntula. Keep up the good work!

Back