• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black City & White Forest: A let down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I used to have alot of people in my black city but now there is nobody.. why?

If you have not interacted with them after a certain number of days, they would disappear, I believe. The number of days varies with each person. I find that a pointless feature - it's like I have to battle them every single day just to keep them in my city. :( The music there was my least favourite as well - it has a very dark theme to it.

However, the shops were kind of nice in Black City - I get to purchase things like evolutionary stones (even though in my city there was only Moon Stone D:). And the 10,000 PokéDollars incentive for every 10 trainers beaten, wow! $___$

Conaire

Psychobilly Punk
Years
I think they can be perfectly executed, but rather the problem is that most people aren't going to waste there time in a Forest talking to people and capturing level 5 pokemon to grind when you can't even level grind in White, Now with Black, It is easier to grind and buy evolution stones, even though you can't capture the pokemon that White has in White Forest. I know they were trying to balance White and Black, and make them possibly more balanced between each other. Alas, you need Entralink for this, and Entralink is LOCAL. If it was Wi-Fi Wireless, It would be more perfect.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
It's a good concept, but extremely poorly implemented (as some others said in this thread already).

With this in mind, I hope the third game can step this up.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am gonna have to agree. Both places are somewhat pointless. Now my White Forst is full as crap becaus eI took people from my black vesion to my white version. Black City would have been nice,but the battles are weak and I'd rather go to the Nimbasa Stadiums to train. I didn't really see a nice point to them.

I would have put more useful stuff in them some how,but not sure what.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I know they were trying to balance White and Black, and make them possibly more balanced between each other.

Sorta relevant, but that makes me think back to when they were first announced. People here thought of White City as the better thing because "oh yeah POKEMON WE CAN'T OTHERWISE OBTAIN", while now everyone notices there's the Dream World, migration, etc, so it's not so much of an issue. And in a game that lacks much of a post-game, battling extra trainers other than in the Nimbasa Sport Domes is something appealing to people. Weird though, Black seems to be the most popular on this forum even while initially they thought that way. Thinking about it, White is kinda better for those without wifi but have friends with the opposite game, while Black is better for those with wifi but no friends playing the opposite game (aka which makes the two more useful). On that note, I wonder if Black is actually so popular here because of the fact that we all have wifi etc so the extra Pokemon found in White Forest doesn't appeal to us so much. Interesting to think about imo.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
Years
is there another thread for white forest/black city? i need peoples help to fill up my white forest..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
is there another thread for white forest/black city? i need peoples help to fill up my white forest..

Nope, unfortunately in Black and White you can only use local wifi which means you can only fill up White Forest with people nearby you in real life. :( Or if you have another DS, that works too. However, on another note please don't post revive dead threads to post messages like this, use the Quick Questions sticky. n_____n
EkvQs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back