• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen black city/white forest discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
  • i really like white forest other than i only have one person living there. and i want to catch pokemon -_-

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I am so happy that when i turned my NDSi on today and flew to White Forest, there was actually water there. As I was surfing I was disappointed that I only run into Lotad's and Surskits in the ponds of water

:t354:TG

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I'd prefer Black City, by just looking at it. At first I really wanted White forest, but arriving there, it was so bland and a huge disappointment :( Nothing to do there and everything is high camera angles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    I like Black City's music. In Black City there's only one lack: Pokécenter isn't Black :(

White forest is so empty...

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    It bothers me that if you take a certain amount of time everything disappears I finally got to White forest after 10-15 days and...no pokemon. Not a one. Makes it difficult to fill my dex. (No one here with Black would happen to want to give me a hand with this would they?) XD

I also extremely dislike the entire camera angle of White Forest. It's so bland and just...not up to par.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like Black City's music. In Black City there's only one lack: Pokécenter isn't Black :(

White forest is so empty...

You know what bothers me? Nothing in White Forest is white. ):

It bothers me that if you take a certain amount of time everything dissipears. I finally got to White forest after 10-15 days and...no pokemon. Not a one. Makes it difficult to fill my dex. (No one here with Black would happen to want to give me a hand with this would they?) XD

I think it might be the other way around. It took me about 50 hours of game time to get to White Forest and it had 3 people, while my boyfriend took 28 and it had none. But he took more time irl...so I'm not sure D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, the tree trunks are a...grayish white? Correct?

I just kinda like White Forest better for some reason. Probably because it's more fun/has wild pokemon.

Not like Black City's buildings are black. I imagined an elegant-looking forest in light grays and whites. I got a normal, boring forest. >:/

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • I picked black because I liked the idea of Black City more, but, it's rather... Boring... I thought it would have neat stuff to do but, really, there's nothing that interesting... Though I still prefer it over White Forest, "More pokemon to capture" doesn't matter much to me, if I really want them, I'll get them.

I think it might be the other way around. It took me about 50 hours of game time to get to White Forest and it had 3 people, while my boyfriend took 28 and it had none. But he took more time irl...so I'm not sure D:

Me and a friend thought it was ingame time determining the number of people, however, I got there several hours later than her and had 6 people, it only took me a couple days irl to get there, while she set it down for over a week before getting there.
    (We both were playing Black also.)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Black City is rather boring, but so is White Forest. Both have interesting concepts, but there's just not enough to do.

What really annoys me is the whole "more people, more Pokemon" idea for the White Forest. It's a pain in ass. I was looking forward to getting all of them in the forest because I had originally bought Jp. Black, and naturally there's nothing to catch in Black City. The City is great for items though, that's for sure.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I don't like Black City. I bought Black version solely for the city, and it was a disappointment. The camera angle is a pain and the design- in my opinion- is horrible. The battles were nice the first two times... but after that, I just found them tedious.

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    Black City is rather boring, but so is White Forest. Both have interesting concepts, but there's just not enough to do.

What really annoys me is the whole "more people, more Pokemon" idea for the White Forest. It's a pain in ass. I was looking forward to getting all of them in the forest because I had originally bought Jp. Black, and naturally there's nothing to catch in Black City. The City is great for items though, that's for sure.
    That is exactly my problem. I feel like White Forest made lots of promises but then said "oops! You took too long! SORRYBYEBYE" It especially becomes a problem for someone like me who's attempting to fill their entire dex. *sigh* Maybe I'll go out and buy Black too or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That is exactly my problem. I feel like White Forest made lots of promises but then said "oops! You took too long! SORRYBYEBYE" It especially becomes a problem for someone like me who's attempting to fill their entire dex. *sigh* Maybe I'll go out and buy Black too or something.

I feel like while it seems like it's a punishment, it really is just in the coding. Later in the game, when you Entralink and get people into your Forest, if you don't talk to them a lot, they'll disappear. I'm guessing that your City/Forest is populated when you first start the game. Because you don't get there fast enough, you didn't talk to them once every other day or whatever the limit is, and they left.

Even if your Forest was full you'd still have to Entralink. d: There are 30+ Pokemon available depending on the people there, and your max population is 10.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I wouldnt know, I think it's stupid that theres a time limit for you to get there..and it's not even advertised -_-

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think Black City is stunning. Actually after looking at both, Black City fuels my imagination more than White Forest. Yeah that makes no sense, considering Black City is in the middle of random wildlife but whatevs. :D

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't quite understand the mechanics of White Forest but all I know is that every time I've entered mine there has just been a few trees. Not one single patch of grass. Or water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back