• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm getting both so I'm not racist. :<

I always buy both though, idk why. I hate money I guess.

Same, but I usually get one first and the other one second. Black's gonna be first because it's a far cooler color. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I'm getting Black. ^^ I always get first picks between me and my nephew, and anyway, my DS is black and his is white so we can just get the games that match. XD

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I have a tradition of getting black stuff. My computers have black casing, I have a black DS Lite, a black case to match, a black pen tablet for my computers, a black iPod Nano, and a black secondary monitor for my computers. Therefore, I'm getting Pokémon Black.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'll be getting Black. I always get the first one in the name. (Pokémon Red & Blue, Gold & Silver, Ruby & Sapphire, Diamond & Pearl.) I didn't do it on purpose but since I had no real preference this gen, I figured I'd continue my pattern. XD;

Though, depending on the hype and if I have the funds, I miiight be importing this one, for the first time. :x If that's the case, I'd probably try to get the other one on English release.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    When it comes to this kind of hype for the games....I belive I am going to get both of them, but I'll play Black first. Somehow I think the lgendary for that one will be more impressive.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'm getting Pokemon Black. However, before I go off buying it when it comes out, I should check out the benefits of purchasing it. Like every other game, there should be some in-game exclusive Pokemons to each version. Let's hope that it's worth the money.

Years
    • Seen today
    To be honest, i don't mind as long as it's a 5th gen game. They're just colours. With that said though, I'd like to see what the differences are, I tend to go with the one that has a more appealing legendary pokemon as usually, that tends to be the only difference between the games (what pokemon appears in them).

I'd like to think that there is more of a division between the two however, other than just what pokemon appear, but I'm sure we'll find that out in coming weeks.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Um, im not quite too sure yet because we don't know that much about the games right now...
    I may get Black because it sounds like the ledgendery will be a dark type, I like dark types :D

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I'll be getting White version.
    Unless something SERIOUSLY deters me.
    Quite simply: The female is named white. *Shrug*

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • I'll be getting White myself, since it's my favorite color and the concept just agrees with me. x_x Not to mention I heavily contrast with my sister's choices, and she loves the color black, which is the version she will be choosing. So it all works out~

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Depends on what the mascot legendaries are like, as well the other version exclusive pokémon. We know next to nothing about the games except for a few graphical enhancemants, 5 revealed pokémon and the trainer characters.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • White doesn't sound very appealing... black doesn't sound great, but at least it doesn't remind me of paint for some reason.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    White although can i ask how anyone can say that the Black version will be biggest?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I don't know, ahhh!
    This is going to be my hardest decision yet!
    With red and blue, I automatically knew I wanted red, gold and silver I got both for christmas didn't even know about them, ruby & saphire I knew I wanted ruby, diamond/pearl I knew I wanted pearl, hg/ss i knew i wanted hg but with this generation I just can't decide, think i'm going to have to buy both, and then proabably pokemon half cast when it comes out :(

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Though I picked Thir Version on the poll, I may import one early next year, and try to hold out until the inevitable 3rd version and get THAT one in English!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back