• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm getting White because clearly Zekrom>Reshiram.
    Also I got Blue, Silver, Pearl first (only breaking with getting Ruby because I found it especially cheap) so I like to get the second title first :).

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
    I'll get both! Black and White! But because my nephew always play outside and go to Internet, I think it's not really good for a Child like him to play Counter Strike. So I'll get Black for him! And White for me!

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
    As always, I tend to get the second version first, then the first version second. So that means I'm getting White first, then Black, then ultimately the third. I mean, I was gonna get White anyways first, but then when they revealed that Zekrom was the legend, I was slap happy with my initial decision. Reshiram is cool too. I'm still gonna get both of them. =/

Oh, and Zekrom is, apparently, Dragon/Electric...or Electric/Dragon. Well, it's not confirmed, but that'd be damn cool if it were. o_O

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    I want to get black because Reshiram is awesome. But I might get both so I can play as the guy in my main game, but have the other to play as the girl (because she's hot XD) casually.

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
    i was going to get pkmn black...then i noticed that its mascot was a...male (if u know what i mean). So ill be getting pokemon White =/

btw Zekrom's type was rumored to be Dragon/Electric

EDIT: lol someone already mentioned that XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Ima buy Black.Me and my friend both agreed that one of us would get black and one of us would get white and then when where done with the whole game will switch and see which ones better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    White. I wish I could say Black because black is one of my favorite colors, but Reshiram is an embarrassment.

Also, Dragon/Electric type FTW

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    I was going to pick black, but that Reshiram... I'd just prefer Zekrom. So I really haven't decided yet. Black and white are both my fav colors, so it just makes the decision harder... I'll probably go with White. ...or Black.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    At first I wanted to get Black because it looks more attractive but then I heard that the Legendaries will be switched so I'll sacrifice myself for Zekrom :D

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
    ZEKROM!!! Jeeez, talk about a good looking pokemon for once! I was pretty satisfied with designs like Garchomp, T-Tar, even Raikou or Ampharos, but Sugimori REALLY outdid himself with Zekrom. Honestly, they remind me of Digimon, you know, some lame angel Digimon, and then Metaldramon. Who wouldn't get Metaldramon! White version.

But then again, I might as well wait for Pokemon GRAY or SEPIA or ULTRAVIOLET version to come out and then get both of the Pokemon, and instantly trade Reshiram for Zekrom.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    As usual I'll be waiting till they release the exclusives Pokemon list, then I'll get the one I the Pokemon I prefer, and then I'll get the 3rd game when it's out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Both

Naturally I'll be getting them both. I own every single pokemon game to date (The US versions at least) so why stop now... You always need a male and female for your story.

Years
    I'll just wait for the 3rd version, mainly cause its a major improvement on the previous two and the plot line is bigger. Also because I would get too uncomfortable with having to choose either Black or White, it just sounds so bad. Plus, Grey or whatever it will be called will be the best of both Black and White, so no point in wasting money. I can wait an extra year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back