• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I'm picking White, at least for my main game.
    I was going for Black originally, but then they revealed Zekrom and his awesomeness switched me over to White.
    I also prefer Reunculus (Sp?) and Basurao Blue to Gothitelle and Red Stripe form. And Nageki, I like him too.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I got both versions in Japanese and I think both of them are awesome!! I like White because of the triple battles and the White forest and I like Black because of Reshiram and Black city

Btw- How did u guys set ur signature as pokemon teams?
    ★ XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    i see a bunch of you said you are getting both. why get both aren't they the same game?sorry i'm still a beginner

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I am going to get both, since sometimes my cousin is playing as well, so I could let him borrow the other. :) ..

Years
  • i see a bunch of you said you are getting both. why get both aren't they the same game?sorry i'm still a beginner
    Yes, they are basically the same, but there are a few version differences present.

One of them being Black City and White Forest which are present exclusively in Pokemon Black and White respectively. The mascots of the two games are also different; Reshiram and zekrom being two and there are several other version exclusive Pokemon as well.

These three links will provide you with in-depth details on the differences:
    Area Differences
    Pokemon differences
    Battle Differences

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I already got Black and now I'll be getting White.

I was a little torn over which version to get. On the one hand, I always get the "first" game in the sets. (RED and blue, GOLD and silver, RUBY and sapphire, DIAMOND and pearl, etc.) On the other hand, I really disliked Reshiram and wanted to get Zekrom. xD; Luckily, I realized that didn't matter if I was going to import one of them and get the other in English. So that's exactly what I did. I pre-ordered Black in Japanese and now I've got my pre-order set for White in English. :) Problem solved!

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Like many other people, I'll be getting white because it has better version exclusives and I like Zekrom's type better than Reshiram's. I still might end up getting both and then all three like I did with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • This is actually a hard decision for me. I want White for Seedbby, and I also want Black for Reshiram. I'm leaning towards Black though, as I can always get someone to trade me a Seedbby egg. :D

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • I ended up preordering Black Version.

I'm not sure why, but White Forest didn't seem that appealing to me. Black City sounds interesting.

Though I like some of the version exclusives in White Version a bit better, I think that I'll be happy with Black. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I think Ill be getting both. I heard that you can hook up with a buddy and explore Unova together and if that holds up Ill be getting White and my brother will get Black.

Elsword

I'm Not Sure About This
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    White has Lilligant, Zekrom, and Braviary.

I'm choosing White.

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
    Years
  • I played white allready and i think the white forrest is great!I found there cool Pokis like the Steal thing from Hoenn Magby Elekid and other babypoki.
    (black city will have two trainers to defeat and some stones for evolving...)

Back