• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I have already searched but couldnt find a thread about this sorry, maybe its because the search thing is quite confusing :S it never comes up with what i type in ha
    but i am getting one of either Pokemon Black or Pokemon White tomorrow, which one should i get?
    also can you highlight the main differences apart from Black city and White forest?

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    This is from my thread that I posted earlier. This is from Rich Boy Rob

Wait... your teacher plays Pokémon and you get to trade with him/her?

Anyway, I went for Black, because I preferred the futuristic aesthetics of it. The exclusive Pokémon don't make much difference apart from the legendaries, as I easily got a Solosis from the GTS very early on.
    The only down side is that the "many trainers" in Black City actually equate to about 5. But you can get more by Entralinking with White.

There's really not that much difference to be honest.

I got White version and I'm enjoying it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    oh right thanks
    i dont know if i want the futuristic look or the quient, countryside vibe ... :\

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    Eh, I don't think it should really matter. For some reason the place where I got mine white was a dollar cheaper. Black was 35 dollars.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    yea i know what u mean
    just out of curiosity, how do u get more people in the white forest or black city?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    what you mean because of the legendary?
    what legendary do you get in white but not in black?

oh no, i thought u mean you get an extra legendary in white haha but no, your were meaning Zekrom? haha

oh no, i thought u mean you get an extra legendary in white haha but no, your were meaning Zekrom? haha

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Already got a thread covering this, use that one.~

The version differences are outlined here :)

Also ask in simple questions sticky next time!

Black or White

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back